How do I remove firing pin bolt from a Denix Mauser?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

wannab

Sr Member
As the title asks. The Denix doesn't come apart like the MGC I have and I couldn't find pics or a video explaining this particular part, so any help appreciated.

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

thd9791

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'll add weight to just pulling or twisting it. Grab some short nosed pliers that are also thick, to solidly grab the nub and have the most pressure behind the nose. It should come right out.

The button on the side has an internal piece that holds the spring back. The bolt runs through both the internal piece and the spring. M.uch like a real mauser pistol.

wannab

Sr Member
I got it out - thanks everyone!

It's funny, I just saw Field Marshall's video he posted today on how he does it and it was basically what I did. After you guys said pull it out with pliers I said I'll give it a go. Went out to the shop and my Denix was laying next to my bench mounted vice so I figured why walk over to the tool chest (3 steps lol), so I clamped it up and gave it slight tug and voila! I have no idea how I will remove it after I grind it down and shape it like a firing pin and positioned slightly recessed, but I'll cross that bridge when it becomes necessary.

Here is the link to Field Marshall's demo> vid

woodywaverider

I have no idea how I will remove it after I grind it down and shape it like a firing pin and positioned slightly recessed, but I'll cross that bridge when it becomes necessary.

Here is the link to Field Marshall's demo> vid
In CubbsANDdoggers post ‘almost there’ he cuts a hole in the side of the slide at opposite end, so you can pry it out with a flat head screwdriver after it’s been ground down.

Post in thread 'Almost there..'
Almost there..

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.