How do I remove firing pin bolt from a Denix Mauser?

wannab

Sr Member
As the title asks. The Denix doesn't come apart like the MGC I have and I couldn't find pics or a video explaining this particular part, so any help appreciated.

I'll add weight to just pulling or twisting it. Grab some short nosed pliers that are also thick, to solidly grab the nub and have the most pressure behind the nose. It should come right out.

The button on the side has an internal piece that holds the spring back. The bolt runs through both the internal piece and the spring. M.uch like a real mauser pistol.

I got it out - thanks everyone!

It's funny, I just saw Field Marshall's video he posted today on how he does it and it was basically what I did. After you guys said pull it out with pliers I said I'll give it a go. Went out to the shop and my Denix was laying next to my bench mounted vice so I figured why walk over to the tool chest (3 steps lol), so I clamped it up and gave it slight tug and voila! I have no idea how I will remove it after I grind it down and shape it like a firing pin and positioned slightly recessed, but I'll cross that bridge when it becomes necessary.

Here is the link to Field Marshall's demo> vid

I have no idea how I will remove it after I grind it down and shape it like a firing pin and positioned slightly recessed, but I'll cross that bridge when it becomes necessary.

Here is the link to Field Marshall's demo> vid
In CubbsANDdoggers post ‘almost there’ he cuts a hole in the side of the slide at opposite end, so you can pry it out with a flat head screwdriver after it’s been ground down.

Post in thread 'Almost there..'
Almost there..

Last edited:
The "one motion" is really good advice. It's easy to mangle these

(For average hobbyists who might not realize these exist, like me)

y'all if you have to tap for a screw, I now use "centering bits" to start holes on flat or slick surfaces, like when you grind the bolt flat. Twist bits can bend and drift without a starting point (like using a dremel to make a little dimple, on wood studs I used to do this with the side of the drill bit tip before driving home). centering bits are chunky and the edge is much finer. Shouldn't bend and with a little oil should eat right into most everything.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back