Hot Toys - Predator 2: 1/6Th Scale City Hunter Predator Collectible Figure

Im glad to see Im not the only one that saw how much this and the shadow look alike. I agree that it is worth it though.
Yeah i agree as well, i think its in the jaw line that reminds me of the shadow pred.I always wanted the p2 so i think it is worth the money to me and thank god its in the 4th quarter.I need more predators with color has been my thing , the basic ones were very plan colors and the shadow has the red color and the brown and red on the p2 will really pop from the collection.

hey guys, looks like we got a new p2 comin eh? well despite a few negatives, i'd definately say this is a positive, and not just cause im a HT whore.

here's why, first, and to all those whose comments i may refer too, i mean only to help you not be so turned off, and don't mean to belittle your oppinion or start anything, i'm just sayin' first: if you go back and look several of their "prototype" preds (earliest pics) used the same curvy avp blades that they used all the way up to the last p2, then next time you saw em, the more accurate blade was depicted and produced.(ex. the first P1's early pics had them, fixed by release) for some reason they just don't get how silly those curvy blades are.

secondly, their new paint apps as of "predators" and on have a 100x better production apps than in the early HT pred days, seriously, for those of you who don't have ones to compare, or maybe just have one of the older ones, they did eventually realize that they must live up to their prototypes, and have from what i can tell, so at least we can count on this p2's paint to be damn near prototype quality,

now three, i do hope that enough comments (constructive ones!) directly to them can get some more accurate mandibles cause i am quite fine with the rest of the head, i'm stoked as all hell! but there does seam to be a few things off with the lower mandibles, and the upper fangs should be longer (as they were distinctly from the p1) but either way with the bottom ones it seams (besides the increased size) that with a little heat manipulation they could be pretty damn good, IMO.

4 and lastly, for me anyway, the bio does look like it's been way over done, but again i'm pretty sure we can get em to fix it with a few messages to them about said issues, it worked for the berserker, got both the mandibles and bio changed by those means, just sayin' i know some are choosing between neca and HT at this point, but i just want you to remember this is just the prototype, THERE'S STILL TIME!!

i myself am lovin it, ordered two whether i got to fix these things myself or not, all these accessories, plus an actually decent paint app!!! 199.00? i'll take it :D

Hellonearth i feel u bro , it was a figure we thought was not going to happen and here it is!! And we have till december to see if there will be some changes but if they dont i still want it. I want that 1/4 neca predator too , so this will be another great year of predators. And i may be a hot toys whore , i cant help myself.There so badass in a group!!! Oh the batman micheal keaton is ******* sweet!!!!!!!!!

To tell you the truth, it is better this way. Simply for the fact that not all PREDATOR fans had the chance to purchase the first run of PREDATOR related figures and such. My first purchase was the Berserker and I would love to have newer bodies on the ones already released because the ones on the old style look too... "toy-ish".

I agree, the new Predator bodies are great. Despite being more limited in their posing abilities, the proportions are pretty much spot on and they stand well on their own and are nice and solid.

I would like the new figures to have variable length detachable blades like the Super Predators had, so you have more choice on how to display them. In the films, when the blades are fully retracted you can't see them. The nature of the extendable wrist blades on the figures means that it limits the movement of the right hand as they are always there.

Will be getting this though when it comes out, to continue the collection of new body Preds!

JehdinThwei said:
Thanks for sharing, Tri_Laser.  Those photos have my psyched!
No worries mate. When this was announced i was going to get it because it looked insane. But then the Neca 1/4 scale came out and i have to say I'm very impressed with it. They definitely have rivaled hot toys.

I still think that the sculpt is not nearly as good as NECA's, but the paint application is top notch and unfortunately that is where NECA lacks I swear combined the two talents we will have the best Predator figures ever assembled.

I still think that the sculpt is not nearly as good as NECA's, but the paint application is top notch and unfortunately that is where NECA lacks I swear combined the two talents we will have the best Predator figures ever assembled.

Well certainly NECA's 1/4 scale has great detail, as there is a much larger "canvas" to add smaller detail, just as HT's 1/6 scale has MUCH better detail than NECA's 6" figures. But for $90, NECA figures will never come with stands, extra gear, skulls, props, etc in the same way that Hot Toys does for $200. One will get an awesome LARGE Predator but that is all. No "extras".

I know that most are choosing the 1/4 scale NECA Preds over the HT Preds due to price (and the amazing work), but I have opted to stick with the collecting of the Hot Toys line, while picking up my most coveted Predators in the NECA 1/4 scale as they come out. I simply don't have the room to display 10 or more of each Predator in my home, nor the funds to collect both lines. I might regret that in a few years, but for now I will pick and choose, while buying more of the Hot Toys line.

Just my .02. :)

I keep looking at the pictures and i really want to get one now. Doh! lol. Hot toys stuff is very good i must say but neca do the 1/4 scale and iv always thought bigger is better. I know hot toys keep saying they are going to do 1/4 scale but it never happens. It would be pricey though. The Neca ones are very detailed for the price you pay as well. I cant wait to get all the lost hunters in 1/4. Iv even put up extra shelves in preparation  :D haha

JehdinThwei said:
Well certainly NECA's 1/4 scale has great detail, as there is a much larger "canvas" to add smaller detail, just as HT's 1/6 scale has MUCH better detail than NECA's 6" figures. But for $90, NECA figures will never come with stands, extra gear, skulls, props, etc in the same way that Hot Toys does for $200. One will get an awesome LARGE Predator but that is all. No "extras". I know that most are choosing the 1/4 scale NECA Preds over the HT Preds due to price (and the amazing work), but I have opted to stick with the collecting of the Hot Toys line, while picking up my most coveted Predators in the NECA 1/4 scale as they come out. I simply don't have the room to display 10 or more of each Predator in my home, nor the funds to collect both lines. I might regret that in a few years, but for now I will pick and choose, while buying more of the Hot Toys line. Just my .02. :)
I agree with you  , i passed on the 1/4 p2 by neca because of my 1/6 scaled collect and having 10 1/4 predators is wow but alot of space .As is the 1/6 guys are topping off, but this is a buy for me.very excited to get this guy

To be honest after watching that i'm very happy with my Neca 1/4 scale. As said in the review the paint job on the hot toys isn't that great on some parts. Thank you for uploading the vid. It helped me make up my mind to get it or not and i think i will give it a miss.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back