hoppin' on the bandai-wagon......x-wing style (finished!)

astroboy

Master Member
While I correct my 1/144 falcon painting issues (my air-brush burped on the model) I thought I would pull out the x-wing. Also, a guy I know said that his son is interested in doind a model so I thought he should give this one a go. So we're doing them in tandem.

Anyway, all that needs to be said about this model is that it's great. Totally cool. The whole red plastic thing is kind of dumb since it really needs to painted over anyway.

Started with some pre-shading

BTW, does anyone know of a great link of red-5 pics?

Attachments

• IMG_20150202_094704178.jpg
    IMG_20150202_094704178.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 573
Last edited:
Re: hoppin' on the bandai-wagon......x-wing style

Thanks.

I've been very falcon focused for a very long time. Never bothered bookmarking x-wings

As I continue, I have two beefs.

1. I wish I could put the pilot in at the end. I hate painting those guys.

And 2. There's a little ridge on the bottom half of the fuse lodge that doesn't seem to line of with the top half. Is this what the studio model is like? It seems odd

- - - Updated - - -

just looked at some studio models and the ridge actually seems to be there! wow

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1423173623848.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423173623848.jpg
    966.1 KB · Views: 327

...Also, a guy I know said that his son is interested in doind a model so I thought he should give this one a go. So we're doing them in tandem.

Good to promote the hobby, way to go Astroboy!

Yeah, this guy and I sit on a board together and he was really bummed that his kid only wants to put Lego star wars stuff together. He was reminiscing about the old xwing he did when he was a kid.

At that moment I had to interject....

Anyway he went home and got his son this model and they're totally gung ho. I lent them a couple books and he dug out his old airbrush. He wants to show his son what is possible

Yeah, this guy and I sit on a board together and he was really bummed that his kid only wants to put Lego star wars stuff together. He was reminiscing about the old xwing he did when he was a kid.

At that moment I had to interject....

Anyway he went home and got his son this model and they're totally gung ho. I lent them a couple books and he dug out his old airbrush. He wants to show his son what is possible

If you show him this, he may never go back to Lego.

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN99641...il&utm_term=0_baa74bea0a-5db1e4e1cd-225202445

Add. To. Cart.

Holy carp! Want!!!!!!!

BTW, I never did properly thank you for those falcon parts. They look great. I still have a little bit of paint to finish on that but I love the cockpit. I realize now that I don't need the gunwells since I'm not lighting it, but everything else is killer

Okay...I made one huge mistake. I had no idea that the rear engine tubes were different lengths. I didn't notice until I set it down pointing up and it was wobbling

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1423274918670.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423274918670.jpg
    976 KB · Views: 277

Ahhhh...I just realized that it's only the little nubs at the very end that are different.

If only I hadn't glued them.........

Some basecoat. Flat white with a drop of light grey and deck tan.

I kinda hate that those side panels were individual pieces. Fun to put together, but you see the seams

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1423654223586.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1423654223586.jpg
    370.1 KB · Views: 322

The seam is there, but after weathering she should look real nice!

I'm a tad afraid that my paint wasn't thin enough and there's a bit of texture on the surface.

I'll get that right some day!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back