hook

Re: Kindest Personal Regards...

This one's a freebie as I'm sure if I produced them some people would complain that the paper isn't torn to the perfect dimensions as seen in the film. :lol

I have a properly sized PDF for a letter size sheet if someone has an FTP I can post it to, otherwise here's a jpg of just the image and you can size it to whatever size paper you'd like.

As always, if I see this on ebay (from anyone else but me) I take it down pronto.

Cheers!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4077/4761546028_ae015ccb20.jpg

Just curious if someone is now printing your file and selling it on the RPF Facebook page?
IMG_9362.PNG

Re: Kindest Personal Regards...

Totally is. Call 'em out! (I would, but I'm not a member)
Did you put some tells in your file to confirm it's your file he's using? Your file is so damn screen accurate that, if someone else is also creating a screen accurate version, both would be very, very similar.

I made a quick overly of your file on the picture, and with some repositioning of the words, I come to this result:

Image1.jpg

Could be your file, but with some tells, we could be certain...

If it's done from a sketch he made LOOKING at the movie, than his letter spacing is so close to Michaels version, that he has to have one hell of a sharp eye. If he did id based on a screencap, as Michael did, than it's more logical that they are almost identical.

Don't know what to think, to be honest. I would not claim that he stile Michaels work without more proof, though. People tackle the same prop, sometimes, and if both attempts are very close to the original, than it's also logical that they are almist identital to each other. But I'm happy with my ransome not I made from Michaels file (althoug I'll give it another try with another type of paper in the future). So thanks again for that, Michael!

Well, looks identical to me. No, there are no tells, but the texture in the D would probably give it away if we got a close up look. I find it hard to believe that he made that D so perfect with a sharpie.

Honestly though, if it takes 4 hours as he's claiming why in the hell would he only be charging $30?

Whatever.

Maybe if we find someone who actually bought one of these, and can provide us with a scan, this could clear up things. If an overlay matches perfectly in that case, chances are pretty big that he used your file...

Maybe if we find someone who actually bought one of these, and can provide us with a scan, this could clear up things. If an overlay matches perfectly in that case, chances are pretty big that he used your file...

Not sure I really care that much. Made it 7 years ago for people to enjoy, just rubs me the wrong way if it is a copy.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back