hook

I'm not sure how PDF encodes it but the BG in my original Illustrator file is indeed transparent. I'm 99% sure that the PDF retains this.

I'm not sure how PDF encodes it but the BG in my original Illustrator file is indeed transparent. I'm 99% sure that the PDF retains this.
I opened it up in CS4 and it's perfect. I have aged up my textured heavy weight watercolor paper with coffee tea and bleach and I'm headed to kinkos later tonight. I'll post pictures when it's done. Thanks again.

003.jpg

amityshark that's exactally what I did to mine except staples told menim not allowed back to do it again cuz I jamed thei printer 2 times lol. They said the paper was too thick... I used 140 weight. Next tome I will use 100 weight which is more transparent ( more accurate to the movie)

Anyways looking forward to seeing your pics.

I'll post pics of my hook dagger WIP later this week

amityshark that's exactally what I did to mine except staples told menim not allowed back to do it again cuz I jamed thei printer 2 times lol. They said the paper was too thick... I used 140 weight. Next tome I will use 100 weight which is more transparent ( more accurate to the movie)

Anyways looking forward to seeing your pics.

I'll post pics of my hook dagger WIP later this week
Yeah I called Kinkos ahead of time and they said it was cool and that they had printed on thick paper before. Hopefully it wont be a problem. By the way I talked to the owner of The Sand and Stone (the guy who made Hoffman's hook and the ransom dagger for the film) and he quoted me about $1800 for each piece. I may have to pay them a visit. :rolleyes They do sell movie replicas to collectors occasionally depending on the movie. Super nice guy. They are in Burbank CA He told me right now they are working on stuff for POTC 4:eek

By the way I talked to the owner of The Sand and Stone (the guy who made Hoffman's hook and the ransom dagger for the film) and he quoted me about $1800 for each piece. I may have to pay them a visit. :rolleyes They do sell movie replicas to collectors occasionally depending on the movie. Super nice guy. They are in Burbank CA He told me right now they are working on stuff for POTC 4:eek

tony? yea i have a friend that knows him personally, when i called 2 weeks ago he quoted me $2000 for a replica dagger and about $1800 for the hook, he said he was making 10 hooks at the moment to do something with but offered me one. i decided to make my own, to expensive... here is a rough picture of my dagger, still have a little work to do before i cast it on friday when i get my smooth on. ill start my own WIP thread this weekend

007.jpg

The member thanks you ;-) Looks great and will be a nice addition for Sarednab's Hook replica... I might have missed it in this thread, but how big should the note be? Is the image the correct scale?

The member thanks you ;-) Looks great and will be a nice addition for Sarednab's Hook replica... I might have missed it in this thread, but how big should the note be? Is the image the correct scale?

I'm not sure if a final consensus was come to but the image is tabloid size (11x17). I imagine the final piece should be about 11x15 so print it out on tabloid and then cut an inch of both the top and bottom. That makes is "Folio" size which makes sense in the context.

Sorry to raise this thread from the grave, but I was wondering if anyone is or was doing a run of the ransom note? I've tried to contact GiveMeSomeProps but I see he hasn't been active here since 2011. Anyone know how to get a hold of him, or if anyone else is offering a high quality note for sale?

Thanks,

-Vince

Sorry to raise this thread from the grave, but I was wondering if anyone is or was doing a run of the ransom note? I've tried to contact GiveMeSomeProps but I see he hasn't been active here since 2011. Anyone know how to get a hold of him, or if anyone else is offering a high quality note for sale?

Thanks,

-Vince

Hitting you with a PM.......
I have one I just made for you free of charge :)

Thanks,

-Vince

Hitting you with a PM.......
I have one I just made for you free of charge :)

Awesome of you MF. :thumbsup

Vince, no one made a run because it's considered poor form to take something from the free paper props section and sell it (happens all the time on ebay though :thumbsdown ). I never did a run myself because I figured it would be simple enough to print & age at home as a starter paper prop. :)

For the record though, if anyone would like to offer a printing/ageing service with this document I don't really mind as long as it's very clear that the original file is available here for free with a link.

Awesome of you MF. :thumbsup

Vince, no one made a run because it's considered poor form to take something from the free paper props section and sell it (happens all the time on ebay though :thumbsdown ). I never did a run myself because I figured it would be simple enough to print & age at home as a starter paper prop. :)

For the record though, if anyone would like to offer a printing/ageing service with this document I don't really mind as long as it's very clear that the original file is available here for free with a link.

It is free here after all :lol
I know some don't have time or knowledge of making a good print and aging it,
So it is the least I can do :)

:lol you can't PM them :lol
I had made one for someone and made an extra back up that I am giving to the person who I told to PM me. Don't have any more handy...
Sorry.

However the method here is really easy. Print one out at your local print shop and then experiment with aging techniques. :)

Paper props 101! :thumbsup

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Hello, the Dropbox account that this PDF is located in needs a password change in order to access. Can someone help with the password change or send me a copy of the PDF?

Thanks for the help!

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back