High elven warrior costume build LOTR

Are the armor templates available here anywhere?? The 2nd Age Templates have disappeared from the net I think and so far, everyone who has made a set has apparently lost them. If anyone has them, please message me. THANKS!!
Will get those to you soon, I've got them around somewhere.

- - - Updated - - -

I absolutely have to try and make this for myself. Great job.
Could you go over how you hang the "cape"?
Yes, I'm looking for my picture templates... Will get back to you soon.

Are the armor templates available here anywhere?? The 2nd Age Templates have disappeared from the net I think and so far, everyone who has made a set has apparently lost them. If anyone has them, please message me. THANKS!!
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Ok, these are all I could find on file. The cape tying is in the hand-drawn illustration bottom right. Hope this helps.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Do you have any dimensions for the individual plates on the chest piece?

looks really good mate
I don't. I'd recommend making 2 lames out of poster board using the full width and scale the rest of it to suit your body type. I'm a 42 inch chest and used all but 2 inches of my posterboard prototype.

I don't. I'd recommend making 2 lames out of poster board using the full width and scale the rest of it to suit your body type. I'm a 42 inch chest and used all but 2 inches of my posterboard prototype.

that sounds good, im working on this armor set with 22 gauge steel, this thread has been really helpful

This is so great. Thanks for the photos and an unexplored material find!! Keep up the great work on this.
Ok, here's the build so far. I've weathered the breastplate, giving it lots more texture.
View attachment 414837

And we are just about done fitting the skirt. It feels snug, especially since I've got a larger rump, but my wife seems to have cut it to accommodate my build. We still have yet to weather this piece and do the leather straps.
View attachment 414838
The sash will add a lot, tying the two halves together. so here's the project 'thus far.' I kind of feel like one of those roly-poly pill bugs in this...
View attachment 414839

Can I ask a stud question, this is made from floor linoleum? Is the piping just strips of cut linoleum, or some other material? Thank for any help!

WOW, super inspired by your work. Just started sizing the templates you provided and wrapping my head around how it all comes together. Once I get a few more pieces done I'll be starting a build thread. Eventual goal is Gil-Galad!

Phil

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back