High elven warrior costume build LOTR

Ok, here's the build so far. I've weathered the breastplate, giving it lots more texture.
image.jpg

And we are just about done fitting the skirt. It feels snug, especially since I've got a larger rump, but my wife seems to have cut it to accommodate my build. We still have yet to weather this piece and do the leather straps.
image.jpg
The sash will add a lot, tying the two halves together. so here's the project 'thus far.' I kind of feel like one of those roly-poly pill bugs in this...
image.jpg

Wow dude, that looks amazing. I adore all the different elven armour, and you are doing a fantastic job. Looking forward to watching as everything progresses!

image.jpg
Getting the gauntlets weathered. I think in 2 to 3 more days then this sucker will be done (minus the chain mail)! Am working on the lacing for the skirt and the leather pieces that attach the pauldrons. Anyone got any good leads on a similar chain mail to what the 2nd age folks used? It's a bit different than standard, with a unique high neck and close coif...

wow with the shield it now looks just amazing! i almost picked up one a few weeks ago for a bargain price but missed out, so envious now

I've got a quick question: My son wants to build one of these, and since we're new to the LOTR costuming realm, can you (or anyone here) tell me where I can find templates or patterns for this type of elven armor? I have found several patterns for the Third Age versions, but none (yet) for the Second Age....thanks!

Rob

I got reference Picts from alleycatscratch.com for the 2nd age stuff. I actually downloaded a hundred different Picts from searching online so that I could see every angle. You kind of have to wing it a little bit, as every body shape is different. I made a whole breastplate out of poster board from the dollar store before I started with the linoleum. Better to fit it to your body with the cheap stuff before you cut the expensive stuff. (Except in this case the linoleum was the cheap stuff!)
and for the Brits, linoleum is a plastic like flooring material that is really flexible but can take years of punishment and abuse from high heels! Kind of like a thick vinyl. Not sure what it's called over there.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back