HIC Side Panels WIP - FINISHED! New pics pg.2

Great stuff....those are the best looking I've seen so far!!

You know, I know where you could send...say...eight of them when you're done. :love :angel

email me at rgmboy@aol.com if you want to see a pic of the ORIGINAL hero panel made by Vince years ago with electronics and all done...i have his original kit on my illusive HIC and they ROCK...i am still looking to finish the details on the other none electronic panels...curt :) ps if somwon wants to post pic for me here that would b great :) IM happy to share :)

Thanks guys!
I was able to do a mold of the "H" greeblie this morning, so one down quite a few more to go. . .

hicgreeblie.jpg

Don't mean to pick, but that piece is a part that appears on several other SW props, and does not have a raised area. Simply a scribed line on it.

That makes sense, I guess the reference pic I have tricked my eyes.
Knowing this will certainly make it easier to do, thanks!

Thanks for the help posting pics Simon :) Actually this is the original work Vince did on the panels. I think i have his only finished hero panel with electronics and the other 7 hollow 2piece panels...i finished his casts sanding them down, painted, n put a piece of alum behind the face plate then stalled on the greeblies part...SO if anybody wants to get a deco kit together im IN :) thanx curt

Thanks for the pics guys, those are awesome and I hope mine turns out just as well.

I've lost almost all my reference pictures that I've collected over the years on the HIC when my hard drive crashed last month, so if anyone can shoot me over some pictures of the side panels, I'd really appreciate it.

Those are the best I've got.

Enjoy.

Incidentally they are labled R1, R2, L1, L2 etc.

Meaning Right 1 to 4 top to bottom. Left 1 to 4 top to bottom.

Wow, great pics and really great work, guys !

Is there actually a run for HIC panels ? :confused

I was ripped by IONCANNON and still in need of a panel-set...

One of the reasons that I pushed back this project was because so many folks that received the HIC front panel from me at the time signed up for ioncannon's side panels.
I figured there wouldn't be any further interest in it, besides my own.

However, because of that unfortunate event, some of my friends that were ripped off urged me to get back on the project.

I didn't get a chance to mold this thing up yet, since I had family responsibilities to attend to for the past couple of days, but I should have some pics of castings this week.

Not only am I interested should you run these, but these are far superior IMO to the ones IC ripped us all off for.:thumbsup

I'd like to see your completed HIC.

I'd like to see your completed HIC.
Me too:lol
I'm actually adding more detail to my master cast of the front panel HIC based on the real prop so I can have a fairly accurate display piece.

I was really only planning to do some castings for a couple of friends, but if there is more interest, I'd consider doing more.

Not that I'm planning on a definite run, but I'd really like to gauge any interest on 8 panels so I'll post it in the Junkyard
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=56754

Just a little update, I just finished the first layer of the silicone mold a few minutes ago :)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back