Hi! I have boobs and I make...

No offense, but this thread is very lame considering only two or three of you have posted pics.

This is not a peep show thread. What a silly comment 'lame' :thumbsdown

The intro thread is up and running fine and I am pretty sure it didn't need to be divided by sex.

Yes, it did. The ladies are shyer to 'introduce' themselves than men. Fact. This thread aims to get all the ladies to overcome their 'shyness', as many, many, many talented ladies do not post for whatever reason.

Self-explanatory in the first post :

I know there are TONS of other talented ladies on here who make props, costumes and other stuff. I'd like to know who!!

SO ladies! Speak up!

I'll start!

I'm Abby, I make costumes, some props, and style wigs. HI!

Do you see any request for pics ?

It's not your thread, so I'm afraid you can't 'dictate' the 'rules'. Let alone call it 'lame'.

But since you did, I'll be over at the "Hi! I have a penis and make..." thread.

See above. Silly comment.

I really would like to see more pics of your costuming/sculpting/whatever skills along with the introductions.

See reasons and intent above, for the existence of this thread.

Whoever of the ladies wishes to post their creations, and as has been mentioned in previous posts (eg. Kearstin), will do so in the Showcase Forum.

I think an apology to the OP and the costumers for your post, would be in order.

Last edited:
First, I admit that lame was the wrong word to use, sorry. Second, I am aware of the fact that some of the female members may be shy and in such a case need a thread such as this to come together collectively. However, when they have an opportunity to show there talents and make an introduction I don't see the purpose for leaving out the pictures which show their talent, thats all. I was not looking for a "peep show thread"... this isn't that kind of site. I was looking for costumes and saw very little. I also thought I would make my post a little humorous, but I can see that was taken the wrong way, so my apologies to the offended.

Last edited:
Since it seems you see absolutely nothing wrong with the content and manner of your previous post, and I therefore do not wish to derail this thread into a pointless argument, I'll leave it at that.

h1gNv.gif

Sorry. I couldn't resist. :lol

Last post was edited. I would like to add that since humor was intended in the title of the thread, I felt that is was all in good fun to continue with humor of the same from the male side. Also, since this is in the Replica Costuming topic it was assumed pictures of costumes would be posted for viewing like the other threads in this topic, which was pointed out by others who posted here, but again my apologies.

Last edited:
DSC07527-1.jpg

Here is a picture of mine and my boyfriends matching costumes from this Halloween ( aka what kind of person actually puts tears and sweat into trying to make an accurate Yip Yip costume? )

/trolling

In all seriousness, I don't think pictures are necessary but do agree that they help build an introduction. To be honest, it's intimidating for me being intermediate level, at best, to post my work here sometimes. Constructive criticism is wonderful, but usually, another problem with female work threads, they just sink to the abyss without notice. As an intro thread, if we're mentioning our strong points amongst our fellow ladies pics are useful to that extent. :)

Not gonna lie, totally lurking for some girls who have displayed armor making skills without the use of fiberglass ( a medium I, and some other girls, are not really comfortable with ) that a lot of our talented guys are able to use.

Feel free to check out some of the attachments. My Tangled costumes are my current pride and joy ( still in progress a year later ) which I think hi-lite my current skill level, whatever it may be gauged at...

Some noteworthy aspects of my creations would be that I rarely use patterns or measure...I have an eye for cutting out appropriately sized pieces that just happen to work, personally illustrated designs in Photoshop that I've had custom printed, hand embroidery or painting, fully lined jackets and functional outer and breast pockets, stitched pinstripes, wig styling by myself, some minor sculpting and all include tons of hours but to be honest, I'm still not happy with most and I'd like to improve them before displaying them in the showcase here.

For more photos ( 'cause I can't choose ), you can see my budding dA here. Or some photos I've uploaded onto my RPF profile as well. :)

In all seriousness, I don't think pictures are necessary but do agree that they help build an introduction. To be honest, it's intimidating for me being intermediate level, at best, to post my work here sometimes. Constructive criticism is wonderful, but usually, another problem with female work threads, they just sink to the abyss without notice. As an intro thread, if we're mentioning our strong points amongst our fellow ladies pics are useful to that extent. :)

My point exactly. Thank you and love your costumes, no need to be intimidated from what I can see. Good work!

My point exactly. Thank you and love your costumes, no need to be intimidated from what I can see. Good work!

Rest assured that aelynn000 needs no introduction here. She is a phenomenal and seasoned costumer (her humility notwithstanding :)), takes part in competitions, is used to showcasing her work all over the internet, etc.

The point of this thread is to get the dozens upon dozens of other lady costumers who are registered here, to simply introduce themselves - nothing else.

For now, just letting us know they exist is cool :thumbsup

You'll be surprised to eventually see just what alot of awesome talent exists here, but is never showcased ... yet.

We just don't want the talent to be 'hidden' for no reason. But one step at a time is the point - if they feel comfortable showcasing their creations here or afterwards, then so be it - but it should be by choice, not by using words such as 'what a lame thread'. That was my point.

First, I admit that lame was the wrong word to use, sorry. Second, I am aware of the fact that some of the female members may be shy and in such a case need a thread such as this to come together collectively. However, when they have an opportunity to show there talents and make an introduction I don't see the purpose for leaving out the pictures which show their talent, thats all. I was not looking for a "peep show thread"... this isn't that kind of site. I was looking for costumes and saw very little. I also thought I would make my post a little humorous, but I can see that was taken the wrong way, so my apologies to the offended.

:thumbsup

Now let's let the introductions continue ......

What's with the white knight syndrome? Someone asked for pics. If people don't want to give them, they won't. Drop it already.

tonykch, Wallcrawler248, I'm so happy to see you approve of a thread being called 'lame' because it has no pics :thumbsup

Those of us who have post counts most likely have started build threads. If you're looking for pics, look there.

Otherwise, it's a bit inappropriate in an introduction thread where there's a healthy discussion of body image issues to post "useless without pics." As far as I can tell this thread is about meeting other people.

Those of us who have post counts most likely have started build threads. If you're looking for pics, look there.

Otherwise, it's a bit inappropriate in an introduction thread where there's a healthy discussion of body image issues to post "useless without pics." As far as I can tell this thread is about meeting other people.

Thank you Alyssa. Unfortunately, some people just post left right and center without reading what issues in particular are being discussed. Again, unfortunately, some people's sensitivity is sub-zero.

Fortunately, they are a minority.

Nice work ladies.
Awesome female talent condensed to one thread.
I think this is how world domination starts.
2012...Mayans...think about it.
In all seriousness though, great work

I'll be constructing my bunk. ;)
(Build thread to follow)

Yeah ladies! I was just wondering if there were many women working on the stuff. Low and behold a thread appeared. Congrats on some stellar work!

Hello, my name is Vanessa... And I too have boobs :)

It has been a while since I logged in and it was a nice surprise to find this thread and learn so many women are on here :lol

I am new to the whole industry and hobby and mostly joined to try and take an interest in my husband's interest. There are so many talented women on this board that it amazes me. I can sew a bit, but have not really made any costumes yet. Maybe I will soon :)

Keep up the great work ladies.

If you wants pics, follow the links that the majority of ladies have provided either in their posts or in their signatures. Or are we just too lazy for that?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back