Hero Proton Pack WIP

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by Finhead, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Finhead

Finhead Sr Member

Started working on this a few nights ago, not much time to work on it between projects. Really something to change speed every once in a while.:)

I'm starting on the metal parts first since they are the smallest/easiest to work on in pieces. All the welding is done with a High Freq box conected to a AC welder so no heat/amp control at all, scratch off a piece of copper and weld till it gets to hot to keep up and just learing to weld aluminum. Fun. ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bumper is turned from a piece of 2" Stainless tube with a 1" bore. Turned down to 1/2" then heated to get the gold colour it needs to be. Aluminum top will be epoxied on once I weld a bolt to the center to attach it to the bumper/shell.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All the small parts I have had a chance to machine out so far. The banjo fittings were a little tricky for the first one, the center "tube section" is machined seperate and press fit in place.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And all the metal pieces I have so far, not much but it's a start. :)

[​IMG]

2. masterjedi322

masterjedi322 Sr Member

Lookin' good so far! :thumbsup

Sean

3. lharles

lharles Well-Known Member

Wow. This is one of those skills I wish I had the money/time/assistance to learn. Welding/metalworking is pretty much like magic to me. :)

4. Filandrius

Filandrius Well-Known Member

Ooooo those are really, REALLY good looking machined parts. I especially love the "bellows" it's right on the money. I'll be watching this thread. :)

5. Finhead

Finhead Sr Member

Thanks guys, it'll be a long build I think but fun to do something different.

6. Rob Prop

Rob Prop Member

It Looks very Nice !

7. Spengler28

Spengler28 Active Member

ALuminium look always good, nice start!