Hero Proton Pack WIP

Finhead

Sr Member
Started working on this a few nights ago, not much time to work on it between projects. Really something to change speed every once in a while.:)

I'm starting on the metal parts first since they are the smallest/easiest to work on in pieces. All the welding is done with a High Freq box conected to a AC welder so no heat/amp control at all, scratch off a piece of copper and weld till it gets to hot to keep up and just learing to weld aluminum. Fun. ;)

IMG_0580.jpg

IMG_0581.jpg

IMG_0582.jpg

Bumper is turned from a piece of 2" Stainless tube with a 1" bore. Turned down to 1/2" then heated to get the gold colour it needs to be. Aluminum top will be epoxied on once I weld a bolt to the center to attach it to the bumper/shell.

IMG_0586.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

All the small parts I have had a chance to machine out so far. The banjo fittings were a little tricky for the first one, the center "tube section" is machined seperate and press fit in place.

IMG_0594.jpg

IMG_0597.jpg

IMG_0595.jpg

And all the metal pieces I have so far, not much but it's a start. :)

IMG_0598.jpg

Wow. This is one of those skills I wish I had the money/time/assistance to learn. Welding/metalworking is pretty much like magic to me. :)

Ooooo those are really, REALLY good looking machined parts. I especially love the "bellows" it's right on the money. I'll be watching this thread. :)

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back