Here is my Captain America Build

cyberpyrot

Sr Member
Ok I have been trolling long enough here is my Captain America Build sofar

I built the mask using a mold with fiberglass and Rondo..

IMG_00660.jpg

IMG_00662.jpg

IMG_00665.jpg

IMG_00671.jpg

IMG_00673.jpg

IMG_00676.jpg

I think I'm gonna scrap the mask attempt and redo it with a seam like stitched leather I still need to make the inner liner..

Here is my vest I wanted to do a vintage Captain america so I bought 2,000 aluminum scales and stitched them together with small split rings like the ones you would user for keys..

IMG_00679.jpg

IMG_00694.jpg

I don't know if I should paint the star on or use vynle or leather what do you guys think?

Last edited:
This build looks like it will provide real world protection!

Are your sleeves and abs going to be leather?

This build looks like it will provide real world protection!

Are your sleeves and abs going to be leather?

hmm I never thought of leather I was thinking of cotton to breath. I do however have a tone of leather I was going to stretch leather over the mask but that proved to be very difficult to do so I have a ton of blue leather about a cows worth :D I will save it for a future project..

Stretched leather like a venetian mask but for your head ....

Make a DOT approved helmet with leather covering and you could get all those customers from UD replicas that wanted helmets to so with their C.A. motorcycle suits.

Stretched leather like a venetian mask but for your head ....

Make a DOT approved helmet with leather covering and you could get all those customers from UD replicas that wanted helmets to so with their C.A. motorcycle suits.

If I had a pattern to use I could easily make one I can so I just can't wrap my brain around measuring the helmet. I can sew anything I'm just not good at making patterns.

The vest looks great! I've always been partial to the "scale vest". For the helmet, could you make the patterns the way a tailor Or dress maker would make dress patterns. I don't know if there's a specific name for it. But I can picture it in my head.

The vest looks great! I've always been partial to the "scale vest". For the helmet, could you make the patterns the way a tailor Or dress maker would make dress patterns. I don't know if there's a specific name for it. But I can picture it in my head.

How would you do the star on the vest?

I'd do the star in urethane rubber with silver pigment. Unless you want the star white, then use white rubber. I wouldn't do a hard star, doesn't make much sense. A flexible star would definitely be best, in my opinion.

Of course youd need a star to make the mold of. Look around craft/hobby store and places that sell decorations, might find something there.

I'd do the star in urethane rubber with silver pigment. Unless you want the star white, then use white rubber. I wouldn't do a hard star, doesn't make much sense. A flexible star would definitely be best, in my opinion.

Of course youd need a star to make the mold of. Look around craft/hobby store and places that sell decorations, might find something there.

I was thinking of somthing like that with embeddid earth magnets with the apposing magnets glued under the scales it may work and stillbe flexable when moving we will see I will need to hit the auto body section for some tool dip.

Ok I plan on making the unser shirt today so here are my questions

1: What fabric do you guys sugest?
2: should I go with blue under the the scale?
3: how fer up the neck should I go?

Actually if your goin to use something store bought I'd use silicone caulking or sealant rather than tool dip.Silicone will already be white or clear. I'm not sure how to dye it if you wanted a silver star.

I will try several diffrent methods to see what works best but ultimately I think vinyl star cut around the scales might be the best to allow the scales to move freely.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back