Help with calf amor

metalalchemist

Hi guys, I am building my first suit and was looking for ideas that could help me with the calf armor part.
I am looking for a more predator 1 design, which looks like one single solid piece around the calf and I was wondering if there is any way to do this with foam.
If you guys could lead me to a link or give me some advice it will be highly appreciated.
Also, any idea on how to give the "roundness" on the back part of the calf when using foam?
Thanks!!!

If you look at the predators "shin" armor, on the back of it it does look like its molded to the back of his leg. it looks like a cylinder gradually getting smaller towards the ankle. you could get this shape by making a long stretched out trapezoid shape to get the gradually decreasing width.

If you look at the predators "shin" armor, on the back of it it does look like its molded to the back of his leg. it looks like a cylinder gradually getting smaller towards the ankle. you could get this shape by making a long stretched out trapezoid shape to get the gradually decreasing width.

Thanks, that makes sense, but still... I would need some kind of opening at the bottom part for my foot to slip in, right?
Also, any ideas on achieving the "roundness"?

you can use a blow dryer or a heat gun to heat up the foam and then place it on something that has the right shape and when it cools it will keep the relative shape of it.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back