Help please identifying shoes its Always sunny in Philadelphia

ncchuck

hi i am trying to find the shoes charlie day wears as charlie kelly in its Always sunny in Philadelphia.
i think they are a vans sk-8 hi but i can not find the ones with the red soles and the white pin stripe at the top of the sole.I even tried the vans custom but the soles are an off yellow any help would be greatly appreciated
charlie-day.jpg sunny-charlie_1_1223079911.jpgimg-thing.jpg .
Season_7_-_Charlie.jpg

Straight from Vans:
Hi,

Thank you for your email in regards to finding those particular shoes. That is a older shoe and not something that we would carry, however we do have the custom shoe option on our website. Take a look at that and see if you can create the shoe that you are looking for.

Best Regards

The Vans Team

So, they didn't want to pony up the actual model name, but my money is on a retired sk8 hi pro. It was very likely a rider-specific model, especially because of the red soles, but that's just me. If I find out anything else, I'll let you know. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Worse comes to worse, you could find a pair of Van's with red soles, take a similar black Van's model (I don't know if they come with the grey "swoosh"...painting in grey would be your next option then) and go to a shoe-maker to affix the red sole and add the white line.:)

Straight from Vans:
Hi,

Thank you for your email in regards to finding those particular shoes. That is a older shoe and not something that we would carry, however we do have the custom shoe option on our website. Take a look at that and see if you can create the shoe that you are looking for.

Best Regards

The Vans Team

So, they didn't want to pony up the actual model name, but my money is on a retired sk8 hi pro. It was very likely a rider-specific model, especially because of the red soles, but that's just me. If I find out anything else, I'll let you know. Good luck!
thats the same email i got from them, if the custom option would let you pick sole colors it would be great, and I have spent soooo many hours looking though websites and pics . I have came to the same conclusion it has to be a r"etired rider-specific model" as you said but for the life of me i cannot find out whom.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the info guys! I ordered the custom options for as-close-as-possible. Just wish the soles were customizable. I will post pics when they arrive.

watching the new season and i just got a signed 11x14 the insides are a pinkish color as well as the stitching so the customs dont really come to close i wish they offered as many options as converse.

I bought these in about 2004/2005. Always thought I had the same ones, but mine have got pink stitching on the outside. These have the same pink sole, inner and logo line his though. Could get my sharpie on them for a Charlie D cosplay.

Attachments

• IMG_2480.jpeg
    IMG_2480.jpeg
    467.8 KB · Views: 339
  • 99c22aea-c055-453a-85c0-1aa1d0c2e1b2.jpeg
    99c22aea-c055-453a-85c0-1aa1d0c2e1b2.jpeg
    81.3 KB · Views: 107
  • 13cd211f-299c-487d-b51e-c92eedf406d8.jpeg
    13cd211f-299c-487d-b51e-c92eedf406d8.jpeg
    112.4 KB · Views: 65
  • c56ec8f8-1c26-4f58-8156-7431736355a2.jpeg
    c56ec8f8-1c26-4f58-8156-7431736355a2.jpeg
    63.2 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2445.jpeg
    IMG_2445.jpeg
    412.5 KB · Views: 160

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back