help needed with trigger switch

nomuse

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I'm in the middle of CAD for a new gun but I'm having brain-lock figuring out the best button/lever switch/other arrangement to place behind the trigger. I would like the trigger to have take-up (there will be a spring included) and, if at all possible, a clean "break" when it triggers.

Can anyone point me at a pic or two showing arrangements of triggers and switch/buttons that seem to work well?

I was going to suggest looking at electronic painball guns, but I took a look and didn't see anything all that useful. Good luck!

Not sure if this is exactly what you are talking about but this is how i did the trigger on the Destiny rifle i just did. Its a momentary switch so it opens the circuit only while the button is pressed and closes the circuit when button is released. I mounted it behind the trigger with a spring to hold the trigger just off the button switch. The spring sits in that double slot at the back end of the trigger. Hopefully the pic makes it easier to understand than my description.
DSC_0337.JPG

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back