Help needed - Iron Man Mark 20 Suit

taibhse

Hi All I am new to the forum and hope this is ok, I guess to introduce myself I am an industrial design student from Ireland and a big Iron Man fan, especially of his black and gold suits, with that I want to build an Iron Man mark 20 suit as seen in the film, python, I have pepakura files found on youtube but I was hoping to find a more detailed cad model so I can slice up and 3d print using the college printer. Would anyone on the forums have any models or parts for this Mark suit?

For reference this is the version of the suit I am aiming to build,

902209-product-silo.png

Any help would be appreciated,

So your post just made me realize the Python was the exact same combo as the Mk 9 (just different colors), thanks for that haha

The Python and Mk 9 are basically hybrid suits of multiple suits, so if you want files for the different suits, you'll need to use different pieces.
The legs are Heartbreaker legs, the crotch, abs, torso and arms are all Mk VII (Avengers suit), and the helmet (if you want to be completely accurate) is the slightly modified regular helmet, only it's the Silver Centurion variant (raised little forehead bit). Hope that helps, and good luck on your build, I'd like to build the Mk 9 myself sometime :)

Thanks for that bit of info, I did not realise the Python was a mixed suit, I've only just started the research phase of the design process, trying to get as many pictures and references as I can, besides the wiki's there is barely any info on the suit itself or back lore which is a shame, I'll take a look at the suits you mentioned and try to find pieces of them, at the very least it gets me more reference pictures for shapes and contours.

So your post just made me realize the Python was the exact same combo as the Mk 9 (just different colors), thanks for that haha

The Python and Mk 9 are basically hybrid suits of multiple suits, so if you want files for the different suits, you'll need to use different pieces.
The legs are Heartbreaker legs, the crotch, abs, torso and arms are all Mk VII (Avengers suit), and the helmet (if you want to be completely accurate) is the slightly modified regular helmet, only it's the Silver Centurion variant (raised little forehead bit). Hope that helps, and good luck on your build, I'd like to build the Mk 9 myself sometime :)

Thanks for that bit of info, I did not realise the Python was a mixed suit, I've only just started the research phase of the design process, trying to get as many pictures and references as I can, besides the wiki's there is barely any info on the suit itself or back lore which is a shame, I'll take a look at the suits you mentioned and try to find pieces of them, at the very least it gets me more reference pictures for shapes and contours.

No problem, man :) Yeah for Iron Man 3 they designed a bunch of suits (since he's supposed to have like 35 suits for the end battle), but for all the suits in the background and what-not, they just went and mixed and matched different pieces together. The 'original' models they used were
the Mk VII (from Avengers),
the Mk XV "Sneaky" (unique),
the Mk XVI "Nightclub",
the Mk XVII "Heartbreaker",
the Mk XXV "Striker",
the Mk XXXIII "Silver Centurion",
Mk XXXV "Red Snapper",
XXXVII "Hammerhead",
XXXVIII "Igor" (unique),
XXXIX "Starboost" (unique),
XL "Shotgun", XLI "Bones" (unique).

Also, a some armors use parts of War Machine Mk II. All the suits I listed are full, original armors, with new legs, arms, torsos, abs, helmets, everything unique to them. Some suits, like Bones or Starboost with very different aesthetic styles are entirely unique and are never used for hybrids.

Here's the most helpful pic you can find on the subject haha That's what made me realize sometimes "Hey now that's an arm from red snapper! Hey those legs are from that suit! Those little vents on the legs are on Heartbreaker!".. And Hot Toys LOVES these concepts, because basically they can repaint old molds of various suits and get tons of convention exclusives or whatnot haha. For instance, I know the Mk IX because it comes with a Pepper figure, and I thought it was a cool hybrid version of the suit that you don't see often. (and that I've never seen cosplayed, same goes for Python)
maxresdefault.jpg

Thanks for the picture, that will come in handy, and ya I can see from a product design standpoint why they like the reuse of parts, saves cost on moulds being made when 3 or 4 suits mixed lets them get more out of it, I loved the look of the python armour since it reminded me of the black and gold armour in the comics but with more detail, I'm aiming to make the suit wearable but for the most part as a display piece, I'm only a design student for now going into my final year so budget is tight but I want to try and get the most out of it, I'll do alot of research and prep work first so that I can try and get the most of the materials I'll use in the end. Heres hoping the mark 20 will be the start of a long collection of 1:1 scale suits.
No problem, man :) Yeah for Iron Man 3 they designed a bunch of suits (since he's supposed to have like 35 suits for the end battle), but for all the suits in the background and what-not, they just went and mixed and matched different pieces together. The 'original' models they used were
the Mk VII (from Avengers),
the Mk XV "Sneaky" (unique),
the Mk XVI "Nightclub",
the Mk XVII "Heartbreaker",
the Mk XXV "Striker",
the Mk XXXIII "Silver Centurion",
Mk XXXV "Red Snapper",
XXXVII "Hammerhead",
XXXVIII "Igor" (unique),
XXXIX "Starboost" (unique),
XL "Shotgun", XLI "Bones" (unique).

Also, a some armors use parts of War Machine Mk II. All the suits I listed are full, original armors, with new legs, arms, torsos, abs, helmets, everything unique to them. Some suits, like Bones or Starboost with very different aesthetic styles are entirely unique and are never used for hybrids.

Here's the most helpful pic you can find on the subject haha That's what made me realize sometimes "Hey now that's an arm from red snapper! Hey those legs are from that suit! Those little vents on the legs are on Heartbreaker!".. And Hot Toys LOVES these concepts, because basically they can repaint old molds of various suits and get tons of convention exclusives or whatnot haha. For instance, I know the Mk IX because it comes with a Pepper figure, and I thought it was a cool hybrid version of the suit that you don't see often. (and that I've never seen cosplayed, same goes for Python)
View attachment 656032

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back