Help Needed: Assembling Vader Armor For Wear

Skywalker

Hi all.

I just got some new vader armor. It came unassembled and I have no idea what to do or where to start. I tried using the search button but have been unable to locate anything. I am sure it is on here some where. IF someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Sky

<div class='quotetop'>(Darth Kahnt @ Oct 4 2006, 01:32 AM) [snapback]1331516[/snapback]</div>
Yes, if you specify what it is you need there are more than enough of us to help you out.
[/b]

Thanks Darth Kahnt. My question pertains to wearing/securing the chest armor. I am wondering how to keep the chest armor secured to my body without it falling off under the weight of the cape and how to secure the shoulder bells to the chest armor.

Thanks.

You can use epoxy or JB Weld to adhere threaded sockets to the bell and chest armor. Then use bolts threaded through nylon or leather straps to secure the bells. Or easier still...use industrial strength velcro....works well and allows fine tuning of the bell position.

The armor just sits on the shoulders unsecured. I suppose it's possible to install straps that could go underneath the arms like football or hockey shoulder pads...However I would think that straps would be visible....

Kev hit the nail on the head about securing the armor to your body, it stays on by itself.

I personally prefer the bells to be secured to the body of the armor by a more permanent method. I had the bells permanently fiberglassed to the body of my armor, such as decaturvader shows on his site. I had a thread started showing the armor fiberglassed and I just updated it with pics of me in costume wearing the armor, it makes a big difference in my opinion. I used to hate it when the bells shifted around and clinked. No matter what I did I could never eliminate it totally. Here's my thread:

http://www.therpf.com/index.php?showtopic=117176

By the way, where did you get the armor? Do you know who the maker is?

<div class='quotetop'>(Darth Kahnt @ Oct 4 2006, 11:42 PM) [snapback]1332127[/snapback]</div>
Kev hit the nail on the head about securing the armor to your body, it stays on by itself.

I personally prefer the bells to be secured to the body of the armor by a more permanent method. I had the bells permanently fiberglassed to the body of my armor, such as decaturvader shows on his site. I had a thread started showing the armor fiberglassed and I just updated it with pics of me in costume wearing the armor, it makes a big difference in my opinion. I used to hate it when the bells shifted around and clinked. No matter what I did I could never eliminate it totally. Here's my thread:

http://www.therpf.com/index.php?showtopic=117176

By the way, where did you get the armor? Do you know who the maker is?
[/b]

Thanks for all the help guys. Its a JB Darth Kahnt.

<div class='quotetop'>(Skywalker @ Oct 4 2006, 08:40 PM) [snapback]1332157[/snapback]</div>
[/b]

If that's the case then I defintely recommend the permanent attachment of the bells. When I visited JB this past summer he had a set of armor there that he was working on for a customer and it had the bells permanently attached, thats actually where I got the idea. Anyways, I tried it on and it was very comfortable and looked great.

<div class='quotetop'>(Darth Kahnt @ Oct 4 2006, 07:59 PM) [snapback]1332169[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(Skywalker @ Oct 4 2006, 08:40 PM) [snapback]1332157[/snapback]
[/b]

. Anyways, I tried it on and it was very comfortable and looked great.
[/b][/quote]

:p
Dude, the Vader costume has to be one of the most uncomforatable things I EVER wore. :lol

<div class='quotetop'>(Darth Detroit @ Oct 4 2006, 09:47 PM) [snapback]1332200[/snapback]</div>
:p
Dude, the Vader costume has to be one of the most uncomforatable things I EVER wore. :lol
[/b]

Well, yes.... :)

The armor was as comfortable as you can expect. :D

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back