Help: indent orientation in brass/ Gold stem of Obi wan ANH saber hilt

Crimsonxtusk

Hello again members this is my second post and I am getting really into finishing my first 3D lightsaber hilt. I decided to build Obi Wan saber from A New Hope. I am starting to assemble and have encountered a problem. On the brass / gold stem of Obi Wan's emitter there's a small indentation. I was wondering to ask any of the replica prop members who may have a screen accurate replica of Obi Wan's anewhope saber if they could tell me where the indentation is supposed to be located? In line with the bubble strip of the activator box? Or to the side to the left or the right of the activator box and bubble strip? I've tried looking up reference photos but there so many different variations and it is very hard to find

Attachments

• 20200127_215654.jpg
    20200127_215654.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 178
It's actually opposite of the bubble strip.

EDIT: I thought you were referring to the notch at the top of the wind-vane.
If you meant the hole underneath the wind-vane The 48th Ronin is correct, and there are actually two holes directly opposite of each other.

Last edited:
It's actually opposite of the bubble strip.

EDIT: I thought you were referring to the notch at the top of the wind-vane.
If you meant the hole underneath the wind-vane The 48th Ronin is correct, and there are actually two holes directly opposite of each other.
Yes I was referring to the hole underneath the wind vane... So inline with the bubble strip? And thank you so much for your input this has helped me sooo much.

well crap, thats a nice photo. I see a screw i never saw before, right next to the clamp bar. Also... i'm starting to think thats glue at the top of the clamp and not dents

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back