Help: Harry Potter Information Needed!

Program

Hopefully an old HP fan can help me out! I have a certain wand (That I probably paid too much for, oops!) but I need a little information on it.
From what I dug up it was made in 2001... after that the details are fuzzy.
It was either given out to press or attendants of the premieres, part of giveaways, part of a DVD press kit, or given to executives (Maybe all of them!?).

I'm also curious as to about how many there are, I know it's pretty common, but are we talking 100-500 or more like 1000-5000?
I'd love any and all the help I can get! Thanks!

P.S. Are there not a lot of HP peeps on the RPF, or are they just quite?

s-l1600.jpg
rare-harry-potter-wand-official-promo-wb-home_1_bf5d2b90946930dbbd2bb147d56ced9e.jpg

Hello Program:
I'm probably in the "older" catagory of HP fandom and have a fairly large collection of HP items. I also have one of these wands (packed away at the moment) and know they are quite rare. I looked through all my info and can not find any other mention of how many of these were made, only that they were promotional give-aways in LA from the first film release. Since these are turned from real wood and imbossed with the HP logo with the lined box, they are quite desireable.

You might see if you could ask the RPF member BlackMarketMagi....I know he is very knowlegable about the rarer HP collectibles. Good luck. In the meantime, treasure your piece. It's a wonderful HP item!

Yes, I can confirm as well it's a promo item from the first movie. It was made after one of the wands they made for the film. But I can say that none of these are original props, while for example most of the Ollivander wand boxes that were given away were originals. The same goes for Weasleys labels given away at HP6 premiere in London (they were unused originals).

Hello Program:
I'm probably in the "older" catagory of HP fandom and have a fairly large collection of HP items. I also have one of these wands (packed away at the moment) and know they are quite rare. I looked through all my info and can not find any other mention of how many of these were made, only that they were promotional give-aways in LA from the first film release. Since these are turned from real wood and imbossed with the HP logo with the lined box, they are quite desireable.

You might see if you could ask the RPF member BlackMarketMagi....I know he is very knowlegable about the rarer HP collectibles. Good luck. In the meantime, treasure your piece. It's a wonderful HP item!
Thanks so much, I'll definitely send BlackMarketMagi a PM! All in all I paid 135 for mine, hopefully that wasn't too much!
If you've got the time I actually have a couple kind of related questions:

1. Do you know if the complete set of the COS wands is considered "rare"? I know they're pretty uncommon (at least they seemed to be for me... Took two years of hunting!), but I don't know if that's just because I don't know the right people!
2. Do you happen to have any pics of your collection? I'd absolutely LOVE to see it!!!

Thanks again!

Yes, I can confirm as well it's a promo item from the first movie. It was made after one of the wands they made for the film. But I can say that none of these are original props, while for example most of the Ollivander wand boxes that were given away were originals. The same goes for Weasleys labels given away at HP6 premiere in London (they were unused originals).

Wait, so it was actually modeled after one of the non hero stock wands they made for the film?
Oh man, those original boxes are beautiful... and expensive! I'd love to find one that didn't cost 2 months salary...

Thanks!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back