Help Hanging on a Wall

UglyMoFo

Sigh. Though I wish it could be with "real" bio helmet, I've decided to hang my very first bio on the wall. It happens to be my ol' Rubies helmet. Does anyone know how to mount one of those on the wall? Help appreciated.

An idea I had was to measure the length from the brow right above the eyes to the back edge.

Then cut wood to that length plus some more, and at the ends make it angled.

Attach magnets to the end of the wood and in the bio where the wood meets it.

Then the other end that is angled mounts to a rectangle of wood that has a slot in it at the top edge, it gets glued.

Paint the wood the color of the bio.

Then that assembly can be hung on a peg or nail.

Here's a concept drawing, the side view shows dark rectangles at the end of the wood piece- these are the magnets.

The front view shows what it looks like when there is no bio mounted:
IMG_0831.jpg

The angle where the wood piece meets the rectangle of wood could be adjusted so the back jaw part of the bio rests on the wall.

There could be more magnets- at the back end of the bio and that spot on the wood also, for security.

---
Ei'luj

another way, and this has been explained several times before is to use string and a picture hook. if the eyes are mesh, use some strong cotton or fishing ling and thread it through the eyes, tie each side leaving the line at the back, hang it like you would a picture, thats how i have mine and it works fine.
it takes a while to get the length right but it works.

i'd be worried about the magnets sliding with the above method but it could work with some tweaking

Fishing line and a Hook is the way all my bios are held on the wall. just run some clear 30lb fishing line through the eye socket on either side ( so its a big loop ) then pop it on a hook behind :) ( cue blatant pimping of weapon wall ) :)

wall7.jpg

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back