HELP! 3D Print issue

ProfCoppersmith

Hello, all!

I've been running my first 3D printing project. A DE-10 blaster pistol (technically 1 of 2) for a Mando armor kit I'm assembling.
For some reason every print comes out with this big, 3mm thick, plate of resin at the base. It covers the entire print area. Anyone know why this might be happening?

I'm using beds and supports.
Black Anycubic 405nm resin.
And a Creality LD-002H (light source is 405nm).

Thanks for any help and advice. ^_^

your printer will only do that if the file is telling it to.

Check settings, see if you have a base being laid down, what kind of attachment to the build plate is programmed in? Check the raw file and see if it contains the base.

Your printer shouldn't just be printing a thick base. Besides, it waste a bunch of printing material

You may want to check and adjust your support settings, specifically for your rafts. Id highly suggest getting on youtube and digging into how to setup the supports.

What slicer are you using? It must show up on your preview. A screen capture would be useful. This must be your "Raft". Go into your support settings and see if you can find anything that can adjust the height of your raft. 3mm is way too thick.

BTW, your post would probably be better in the Star Wars Costumes and Props section rather than Studio Scale Models.

TazMan2000

I'm using Chitubox, it came with my printer. And the files only show the normal rafts...
Here are my settings:
Screenshot 2021-10-03 005908.png

Screenshot 2021-10-03 005950.png

Here's what the file looks like:
Screenshot 2021-10-03 005756.png

And here's what the print looks like:

IMG_0149.JPEG

IMG_0150.JPEG

The base of the rafts are there, but for whatever reason, it's like there's a spill over on the LCD screen. but the rest of the print after that is fine.

Your Bottom Layer Count is way too high.

It should be around 5, not 55.

Try changing it and see what happens. This is one strange problem. The rest of your print seems fine. I'm wondering if it could be bleed through of the light through the mask due to the long exposure times on 55 layers.

TazMan2000

Presumably the thinner squared off area is what you refer to?
If so,reduce your printers uv exposure. If you're running at 100% percent,try 80. It looks like lightbleed through the lcd,caused by over-exposure.

This is the way.

Your Bottom Layer Count is way too high.

It should be around 5, not 55.

Try changing it and see what happens. This is one strange problem. The rest of your print seems fine. I'm wondering if it could be bleed through of the light through the mask due to the long exposure times on 55 layers.

TazMan2000
I also vote for decreasing the bottom layer count.

Sean

I'm assuming that since you haven't responded to whether our advice was useful, that you're so busy printing out all your stuff?

TazMan2000

I'm assuming that since you haven't responded to whether our advice was useful, that you're so busy printing out all your stuff?

TazMan2000
Sadly, half right.
I've been busy, mostly with work (Day Jobs); which is building a new attraction in Wisconsin Dells and we're a little over a month from our initial opening. I'm also working one of their store fronts in the same area. So between the two, I've only been giving myself one day off a week and it gets spent on rest and errands.
Also waiting on new FEP film for the printer in question. It only came with two and I managed to dent both.
So I haven't had a chance to try anything out.
BUT! Everything has arrived, and they won't be needing me at the store front for the next month or so, after Halloween, so I will finally be able to make time to work on MY stuff again.

Sadly, half right.
I've been busy, mostly with work (Day Jobs); which is building a new attraction in Wisconsin Dells and we're a little over a month from our initial opening. I'm also working one of their store fronts in the same area. So between the two, I've only been giving myself one day off a week and it gets spent on rest and errands.
Also waiting on new FEP film for the printer in question. It only came with two and I managed to dent both.
So I haven't had a chance to try anything out.
BUT! Everything has arrived, and they won't be needing me at the store front for the next month or so, after Halloween, so I will finally be able to make time to work on MY stuff again.
Totally understand that.

I also think your base layer exposure is way too high. Im not too familiar with your printer but with my Epax X1 which is a mono screen I have a base layer of 4 and base exposure of 45 seconds. If you are using a color screen itll be a bit higher. If you have a mono screen your exposure time once printing will be between 2-3seconds, you can calibrate once you get things dialed in a little more. Id also suggest using grey resin to start off with, it's a little easier to get your settings right.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back