Helmet and Display Build for Board Member Finished Page 2, 5-7-11

Paul1

Hey Guys,

Been a while since I've built a lid for anyone. Jeff asked if I could build his base and helmet.

I asked that they be pre-finished before getting to me.

Well I can say I don't know who makes this lid and display, but damn, we are advanced enough to used good resins.

The base is warped and was full of holes and pinholes. It was also primered with what looked like sawdust. I sanded this piece to within an inch of it's life and wet sanded it down. Filling all of the holes and getting rid of the boogers was job one. Once it was sanded smooth I primered it with several heavy coats of scratch filler primer. The end result is as good as the originals except for the warps.

The lid, man what junk. This piece looked like it was vacuformed over a pile of crap. There isn't a straight line on it and the edges are lumpy and most of the detail has been recast out of this lid. Also has the same warp as the Icons lid but poorly made. Jeff wanted it body shopped as well and I set on getting rid of as much damage as possible. I could have spent weeks on this one piece.

So I got them both sanded as smooth as possible and got them base coated. The automotive paint will need a few days to dry.

More to come as I get it finished.

Thanks for looking,

Paul

PS, if you would like your lid painted, drop me a line: sales@lucasfrancisstudio.com

Check out my other lid builds here: http://www.lucasfrancisstudio.com/LFS/07Pr...Biohelmets.html

helmet1.jpg

helmet1a.jpg

helmet1b.jpg

helmet1c.jpg

helmet1d.jpg

helmet1e.jpg

Thanks guys, a few years back when I was the Terminator licensee I was able to go to SWS many times. On one of the trips I matched the color of one of the original helmets and had it mixed. Most of the helmets I paint for people utilize this paint.

I'll start the weathering and washes as soon as the base coats are dry.

Thanks for looking and check out my other lids if you get a chance.

Paul

It was sent to me buy the client, it's an old Icons recast.

I was just offered the original base masters from Icons through facebook, who knows we may have first generation castings soon!

Paul

That would be awesome Paul.Sign me up for one if you do get it!
It was sent to me buy the client, it's an old Icons recast.

I was just offered the original base masters from Icons through facebook, who knows we may have first generation castings soon!

Paul

The lid is base weathered, I need to get the blast marks and final details done, then to find out if the client wants it screen accurate, which would be flat, or gloss.

If your paint can't handle a close up, IT DON'T BELONG ON A LID!

predz1.jpg

predz1a.jpg

predz1b.jpg

predz1c.jpg

That really looks amazing! Grimey, dirty, and used. Perfect paintup, dude!

BTW, I love the Tropic Thunder thingy next to the piece. It's a great movie.

Thanks guys, I've painted a lot of lids.

Some are a little intimidated in contacting me for paint work. I love painting these things and if you want a killer lid or a one of a kind, give me a shout.

Thanks again,

Paul

You should make a thread wih all your past paint ups
My all time favorite is the flamed one you did for Dan and the rising sun one. did you ever finished the gladiator one?

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back