Helmet and Display Build for Board Member Finished Page 2, 5-7-11

Okay guys,

Here is how the original lenses were made, how do I know, I have an original piece of lense material that came from SWS. I'm going to use a piece for Jeff's helmet even though I don't normally offer this.

This is a light smoked plex with silver fishnet metal behind. Now on the originals there was another dark piece of tinted plex behind, but I normally paint it black on the backside for display. This one I lightly dusted the back with paint, gives the same look.

As you can see from the pics, in certain lighting the lense looks black, with the fishnet peeking through, just like the originals.

I think this may be the best helmet I've ever painted.

Paul

lense1.jpg

lense1a.jpg

lense1b.jpg

lense1c.jpg

lense1d.jpg

lense1e.jpg

Well it's all finished and ready to ship back to Jeff, I know he likes it based on his comments on Facebook.

Thanks for looking guys and if you need Rub-N-Buff on your lid, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!

Paul

finished1.jpg

finished1a.jpg

finished1b.jpg

finished1c.jpg

Wow thanks for the paint requests guys, I think I've responded to all that have written.

I look forward to doing more of these. I usually have a two week turn around, this one was about ten days.

Paul

That mesh on the lens is killer Paul.

I'll email you when I get all my parts in. That way you can see what you maybe dealing with. for a paint quote.

Keep me posted on the base. I need one for my Gort BIO. Placed it on the version2 of ICONS BIO & Base to see if it would hit. Oh and it does nicely.

DSC06623.jpg

DSC06628.jpg

Okay guys,

Here is how the original lenses were made, how do I know, I have an original piece of lense material that came from SWS. I'm going to use a piece for Jeff's helmet even though I don't normally offer this.

This is a light smoked plex with silver fishnet metal behind. Now on the originals there was another dark piece of tinted plex behind, but I normally paint it black on the backside for display. This one I lightly dusted the back with paint, gives the same look.

As you can see from the pics, in certain lighting the lense looks black, with the fishnet peeking through, just like the originals.

I think this may be the best helmet I've ever painted.

Paul
I am making a helmet and I am going to do it in a simillar way

So glad i found this topic,
ive got one of hez's cold cast aluminium P1's on the way and was wondering what i could do with the lenses to get them screen acurate,
do you have some sort of film over the top of the plex though? Sorry this may be a stupid question but ive never used it before and in some photos it looks almost chrome, amazing paint up aswell by the way,

Yes it's a smoked plex with a silver chrome film on top.

I know I don't get here every day and some guys are wanting paint jobs, please email me, only way to be sure. :)

Thanks,

Paul

sales@lucasfrancisstudio.com

Very nice Bios, good sir! Been away a while but always peeked in on the lair and I'm sure of 3 things in life now. Death, Taxes & awesome creations from this site.

Thanks Man! Yes I have the original masters for the Icons base, I'm also reworking the Porsche helmet and I have a casting from Legacy of the P1 I'm mastering as well. Should be offering the new Porsche and Base very soon. I have a guy making metal display plaques for the wall mounts as well.

Paul

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back