Hellboy Prop: Broom's Box. Need info.

Yapp, just finished the binding of a new set of book-blocks ;)

Found a paper, which matches better according to the info. of Adam Savage about the original books.
New pics as soon as a I trimmed the books.

cool, love this build. cant wait to see some new pics of your work.
just a suggestion but would you add the Sammael pages to one of the books, as having this open when you display it would really add to the depth and detail of the piece.

keep up the work on this its one of my fav projects on the forum.

Sammaelpages.JPG

Hello everyone. I know this is an older post but... I finally have the time to take a stab at this. I have read through the whole of the thread; collected, linked all of your great builds and reference. All I noticed that is missing from the thread is that Mr. Savage's large notes about the sizes for all the cubies have gone dead due to icloud changing how it works. If anyone has those images that would be great. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hello everyone. I know this is an older post but... I finally have the time to take a stab at this. I have read through the whole of the thread; collected, linked all of your great builds and reference. All I noticed that is missing from the thread is that Mr. Savage's large notes about the sizes for all the cubies have gone dead due to icloud changing how it works. If anyone has those images that would be great. Any help is greatly appreciated.

adam savages notes are in my post click here - http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=49791&p=3554476&viewfull=1#post3554476

The jars kind of resemble antique telegraph insulators the kind made of crematics.

This is what I have.

1487909_517005968414528_1592448421_o.jpg

sd55.jpgvcax.jpg

Hey there, another new poster to this old thread... but i have a few questions if anyones still out there haha. Do you have any reference for / the place you got the hardware you used, i.e., the hinges, chain, and nobs? what is the length/width/height spacing of the boxjoints? And finally what are the measurements of the front face of the box, such as the section below the face door, the face door itself, and the lip that seats into the notch on/in the panels? Oh, and whats the length/width of the leather strap? Most of these details seem to be absent in Adams brilliant sketches, which are an epic reference, as is everyones builds, truely inspiring.

Do not know if this had been posted before... but "Broom's Box" (RIP Sir John Hurt :cry) is exhibited the Guillermo des Toros "At Home with Monsters Show".
There are already some Youtube vids out there.... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDwer6KhoWE (box shown at about 2:15min)

Anyone out there who has been at the Show an can provide some high-res pics. Allways interessted to see more details about the THE box.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back