He was 'armless really :D

predator paul

Hi guys I didn't know whether to post this here or not because my suit is now finished but this was a work in progress so here it is.

I recieved my arms from Heather and Alexis (Cailieg), thanks girls I love them, got round to painting them so have posted pics.

I used 1 part acrylic and 2 part latex and the colours are "Yellow Ochre and "Burnt Umber" and it was sealed with Krystal clear gloss varnish. I had never done spots freehand before so I was made up with the results

Arms

arms1.jpg

Some detail

arms2.jpg

Me with 'em on :)

full.jpg

Perfect timing for my event at Borders bookshop, it's a charity afair and me. Pug50 and Skapunkninja are going to help raise money for a good cause. I love dressing up as a pred and if there is a reason for it that makes it a whole lot more worthwhile

Paul .'.

arms1.jpg

arms2.jpg

full.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
really nice job on the paint, great color scheme
who makes the torso and arms?
thanks in advance

Paul,
Is that the Rubber Gorilla chest piece?...it looks great..combining the arms with it really works...the look is amazing. great paint job

Good on ya Paul, doing charity work. I put on haunted houses for elementary schools. Yep, any reason to dress as a predator is a good reason.

they look cool and match your chest well. who makes them?

Not sure who originally made the arms. The chest piece is a custom rubber gorilla yeah and everywhere I go I get compliments for Neals great paintjob.

Here are some pics of the charity day. It was awesome and we raised over £300 for a local Pediatric ward for premature birth related illness :cry:

My Alien was faulty so I took it back to the store
:)

I wheeled him into Tesco's for a refund, The lady (completely unimpressed) said "What seems to be the problem with it? I said "he doesn't hiss anymore" Then Abe did his signature hiss in her face it was bloody hilarious.

More here

And on facebook here with captions

Paul .'.

Making and wearing costumes, raising money for charity AND ripping the piss out of innocent bystanders is my idea of fun.
Well done on all counts. :)

very nice paint up!! love the pic..lol!!!! i do have one little itty bitty tiny little word of advice for ya though....before you paint , dremel off the seams. make for a very smooth transition from 1 piece of latex to the other...or dare i say it....seamless transition. sorry couldnt resist. :)

Awesome and for a great cause.

Yeah and it will be even better next time with my new Usurper P1 closed mouth eh Lee? :)

And yes Kotten it was that lovable xeno Abe that tagged along and as per usual Gareth stole the show

I had another play in Photoshop with one of the pics "Not bad for no green screen"

.'. Before .'.

.'. After .'.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back