He man's Power Sword 80s style

Sorry for the crappy pics but here is the sword with a little silver, but that color really shows all the sanding I still have to do. Do you guys have any ideas of anything that might speed the precess along like maybe a type of thick primer or something along those lines?

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've just gone into cardiac arrest! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT! I WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There might be a possibility for short cuts somewhere from the good members here, but why take the speedy approach when you can take a little more extra time and make it worth the while and a little more personnel touch? Sure sounds like a pain, but worth it in the end... just my two cents.

But some really nice work, makes me want to say... "the day I held a loft my sword... and said by the powers of greyskull..."

Oh heck yes dude! I'm loving it. Way behind bringing some 80s cartoon childhood into the physical present.

build looks really strong; nice evenness in the contours. Excited to see it in full painted glory!

I haven't posted any updates lately due to other projects and it has been very busy at work so here are some pics of the sword with the gem. First of all I don't like this gem I thing it's too big, I think of making it somewhat of a low profile. I hope to have this molded in a couple of weeks.

Hey looking pretty good. What is the width hight and depth on the gem? I just came across some Jewelry stones made of either turquoise or some synthetic that might be close. If they are I will send you a pic.

Thanks guys, on the jem I do think the size is ok but I think it should be more into the sword maybe something like low profile not just sticking up like that. Since its a girls sword it should have some fine lines and not like a jem was smacked on to it. Draphin I wil get the dimensions tomorrow cause the sword its at work.

Draphin I wil get the dimensions tomorrow cause the sword its at work.

Wow that one got away from us... I forgot all about this till I found the stones I was talking about just today. Things go missing in my house uber quick.

In any case I was already set up for a photo shoot so I just took some photos for you so you can see what I got. ENJOY!

Wow that one got away from us... I forgot all about this till I found the stones I was talking about just today. Things go missing in my house uber quick.

In any case I was already set up for a photo shoot so I just took some photos for you so you can see what I got. ENJOY!

I really like these. As a huge She-Ra fan, the more oval shape looks dead on to me.

WOW im really wanting one of these!

are you gonna offer a cast or something?

I hope your talking about the sword Because I want one too. I have had the thought of making my own but I just never seem to be able to get it going.

If your talking about the stones... No I found these at a mall for 3 bucks each and they had more (about 6 I think so if anybody wants some I can give you the vendors info and you can try to call them and get your own (but I don't know if they will operate like this) or I can go pick-em up and Mail-em out. Cause hey I am just a nice guy like that. You'll just have to wait till I have a trip planed as the Mall is in San Antonio Tx. and I am in Kerrville Tx. Which is about 70 miles away. I will say I have to go back before the 6th because I have some stuff to return that I got on my last trip. :unsure Que Sera Sera

im very interested in buying one of these swords from you

its the best attempt I have seen at making one "screen accurate" to the cartoon

Hey Draphin those gems look good but the ones for the sword are rounder. also I'm thinking of doing them light blue or turquoise, maybe transparent. Also I was talking with someone about making a mold of the sword when its done for those who are interested in one. Sorry its taking so long but I have other commissions I have to finish, like a skull sabre I started today.

Hey Draphin those gems look good but the ones for the sword are rounder. also I'm thinking of doing them light blue or turquoise, maybe transparent. Also I was talking with someone about making a mold of the sword when its done for those who are interested in one. Sorry its taking so long but I have other commissions I have to finish, like a skull sabre I started today.

It's all cool. I have been hard at work on another project myself. If and when you get the mold done Let me know what the cost is on the sword. If my finances take a turn for the better I will defenately be interested. But for now food comes first.

Take care and keep up the good work.

Sorry for not updating but this is the first time I had a chance to work on the sword. So I'm finishing some areas and hopefully by next week I can mold it up and see how it comes out.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back