"He Doesn't like you..." EVAZAN+ WALRUSMAN busts

Looking forward to seeing it with hair :thumbsup

Did you use spoons for the eyes?

Are you planing to put an orange collar around the neck when you've finished it?

Originally posted by HDPE STORMY@Feb 23 2006, 06:42 PM
Most excellent.

Looking forward to seeing the screen-used ANH look pics.

:thumbsup
[snapback]1191732[/snapback]​

man at the speen in which your fine work comes out... maybe the entire cantina isnt out of your range there wamp. :eek

awesome as always. :thumbsup

cant wait to see him finished. :D

Hahaha :)

Thanks guys.

The eyes are not spoons (if they are, they're biiiiig spoons.). They're 80mm hemispheres, though a bit of them is buried below. That size was what had the right curve to match the original. On the final pieces, we'll probably do it both display-only (just painting and glossing the eyes in there) or with tinted lenses.

Oh and no worries Cal, it'll be a few weeks before we really get going on 'em :)

Tom

WEIRD looking transparent thingies. :eek
2260-0010ref1.jpg

I think they are filled with chinese noodles or something.
Cant wait to see it finished.

B

Originally posted by Brinn 71@Feb 24 2006, 07:40 AM

I think they are filled with chinese noodles or something.

[snapback]1192190[/snapback]​

I always thought it looked like noodles too. :lol

I figure we'll paint in some pinkish-beige noodly-looking veins and that should give us a simillar feel after a good gloss coat :)

Tom

Originally posted by Wampa@Feb 24 2006, 02:34 PM
BTW, does anyone dig that ROTJ look (with all the extra hair and stuff)?

Might be neat to do one up like that.

T
[snapback]1192479[/snapback]​

Well, I don't know if you'll have the time, seeing as you still have the rest of the Cantina patrons to do for your 1:1 scale Cantina diorama. :p

B

Wow I missed the Walrusman, Awesome Tom .....

Now you must stop..................

or send me copies of every Cantina guy youve made :)

B

Originally posted by MR BARLOW@Feb 28 2006, 09:07 PM
or send me copies of every Cantina guy youve made :)

[snapback]1196064[/snapback]​

Aw man.... since I don't have molds on some of them anymore I guess I can't comply? Sorry man, I was all set to send them all to ya. ;)

Update on this one... mold is done and a master and proto will be ready next week. I'll post a new, walrus-only thread whem I've got something good to show off. :D

For those interested in a copy, please shoot me a PM or email.

Erich Lubatti from http://www.Lubattidesigns.com (who's offering my Twilight Zone Beholder mask at a great price right now) is going to be working with me on the finish work for these, which is going to make the cost very reasonable for such a large mask.

Some of you may have seen his "Eye-Gore" in my collection, which is still one of my favorite pieces. In addition, his site's full of high-quality halloween masks and some very cool original designs. Be sure to check it out and tell him Tom sent you if ya decide to get something.

Tom

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back