HCG releasing Ghostbusters prop

vSwudsa.jpg

Attachments

• vSwudsa.jpg
    vSwudsa.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 184
Sorry, I just don't see it. While at first glance they are similar, they are replicas of the same thing so why wouldn't they be? But there are a lot of subtle differences between the two including model lines, components, screws, lights, etc.

1.jpg

Maybe I'm wrong, but it doesn't look like a recast to me.

Sorry, I just don't see it. While at first glance they are similar, they are replicas of the same thing so why wouldn't they be? But there are a lot of subtle differences between the two including model lines, components, screws, lights, etc.

View attachment 838954

Then why delete his comment, block him and then delete other people's comments about it??

Then why delete his comment, block him and then delete other people's comments about it??

Sounds like a corporate-y type response, not many companies like that sort of PR true or not hanging around.
Or, maybe it is recast, and they're being really shady, I don't know. I'm just saying I personally don't see it in the body lines and details comparing the two and I try not to be one to jump on the bandwagon with accusations. If it is recast that's no good, but should be easy to definitively prove as well.

View attachment 838954

I think you’re looking at a different version of the nickatron trap, stunt vs hero, the HGC trap seems to be a copy or one of nickatron’s hero traps, not the stunt trap you used as comparison. The telltale part are the faux welds behind the rods on the side, they have the exact same pattern on both the stunt and the hero.

I think you’re looking at a different version of the nickatron trap, stunt vs hero, the HGC trap seems to be a copy or one of nickatron’s hero traps, not the stunt trap you used as comparison. The telltale part are the faux welds behind the rods on the side, they have the exact same pattern on both the stunt and the hero.

Thanks for the clarification.

View attachment 838954

You are comparing the wrong trap there. Thats my MK3 semi-hero GB2 trap, HCG used/recast my MK2 hero GB1 kit.

100% a Nickatron hero MK trap he’s just posted comparison photos on his Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/344023459016007/posts/1833678663383805/

Intellectual property law is different from country to country. "IF" HC really does use Nick's work as the base for their product, he could have a very strong legal standing. He need to see his own local intellectual property lawyer to legally weigh his options. England does protect it's originators of product design, so he very well may have a very strong case in his own defense for the derivative of his own work.
Then again, HC may have just used his own pictures and go with something else entirely, so Nick's first option is to contact HC and see what really is going on as a first step. If they do not reply, that in itself could help his case later on if they are using his work.

I am not offering legal advice, having studied specifically intellectual law for my business law degree, I am noting that IP laws do differ from nation to nation and he may have rights he can enforce in this situation. Hence he should consider consulting local legal sources to determine such.

It says a lot when they deleted Nickatrons comments on the original post, blocked him, and deleted the post when the heat got turned up.
So they uploaded another post, and have been culling any critical comments as fast as they can. Comment count was at 133 last time I checked, with only 13 being visible. Screen shots from FB members prove HGC are hiding/deleting them.
If the HGC trap is a legit piece, HGC should back up with evidence to the accusations instead of trying to surpress what people are clearly already aware of. The tells that Nickatron listed are clearly visible on the HGC pics. And if they are just using a picture of his trap for ad purposes, the least they could have done was credit him as the original sculptor/maker. This whole thing has been very shady of HGC so far...

Shameful. This is simply theft.

100% a Nickatron hero MK trap he’s just posted comparison photos on his Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/344023459016007/posts/1833678663383805/

Gotcha, yeah that's not looking great. Maybe a contractor ripped it off, maybe they used one for promo only, or perhaps they did just flat out do it.

Has @Moviefreak commented on this?

Moviefreak stated in another post about Bladerunner blaster quality that they aren't going to comment on behalf of HCG anymore.

Recasting in general is sad but this is especially sad...Nick has been one of the most respected sellers in the GB community for years.
His castings were always super clean, he took good care of his moulds making sure to replace them at the end of their life, he even did a lot of the cleanup work on parts before sending them out to customers. Really takes pride in his work, and has provided parts to the community worldwide for such a long time.
Out of anyone they could have recasted, they should be especially ashamed for taking advantage of him.

I bought one of his trap kits but never got around to building it. It needed a lot of cleanup but otherwise seemed pretty nice.

I don't understand how they can make money off this one way or another. If they only sell 150 at $500 each, that's $75,000 gross, not counting expenses. Seems like a lot of effort for so little money.

Last edited:
A little disappointed there is not more support for Nick here. He is an old time RPF'r who is well known for his GB props and sharing information on such.
Any member whose work is taken like this should get support from the prop collecting community, something that was important in the past to the community but seems to be slipping away now. What a shame.

A little disappointed there is not more support for Nick here. He is an old time RPF'r who is well known for his GB props and sharing information on such.
Any member whose work is taken like this should get support from the prop collecting community, something that was important in the past to the community but seems to be slipping away now. What a shame.

Absofrickinglutley! Nick is a stand up, decent guy. Always been very helpful and honest.
Have HGC or their associates actually addressed this issue yet?!

Well short of putting the word out what is left to do?

As far as I know HCG is not a member of this community so a ban is not feasible.

Besides not buying the recast and giving Nick the business what else can be done?

Pop in a word here for Nick, let HC know he has the support of the community behind him. Try to get HC to grow a conscience by doing so.
Community supports it's members, those the see this site only as a resource are going to stay silent so they can get the prop. Which camp do you want to place yourself in?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back