Haunted Mansion Stretching Portrait Replication *Update 9/16

The actual painting of this was in one of the episodes of season one of Hollywood Treasure on the SyFy Network. I don't recall if they had any extreme closeups that you could look at if you got a high def copy of the episode, but just thought I'd mention it.

Here is a fairly good YouTube clip of Joe Maddalena talking about the piece, and at around 0:52 there's a slow pan down the painting.

Auction interview Hollywood Treasure's Joe Maddalena: Original Disney Haunted Mansion portrait - YouTube

Hey guys !

So hypothetically if I were to finish this soon(ish) what size should it be ? The original file is enormous so it could really be printed to almost any size.

I'm no expert on printing to canvas - which is what I would likely offer - perhaps in a couple sizes.

Thoughts ? Feelings ?

-Moony

No thoughts on printing, sorry, but wanted to thank you for this project. It brings back very fond memories of visiting Disneyland as a kid. I grew up in LA, and we went to that park a lot. Haunted Mansion was always my favorite "E ticket" attraction.

Oddly, I was at Disneyland when an employee was crushed to death in the American Sings attraction, formally the GE Carosel of Progress. I was also in the park when the Yippies took over Tom Sawyer's Island. And I recall some things that are long gone, like the painted desert ride, and the People Movers. I also had a roomie sneak me into the employee only areas when he was working at the park. And, did you know there is a bar in Disneyland?

Dane

So hypothetically if I were to finish this soon(ish) what size should it be ? The original file is enormous so it could really be printed to almost any size.

-Moony

Just guesstimating based on a couple things hanging in my office, but perhaps a large 20" wide x whatever and a smaller 12-13" wide? Not sure of the proportions, but obviously it'll be a lot longer than it is wide.

That is awesome. I've been on a HM kick recently since we just got back from WDW. It's probably my favorite attraction. I'd be interested if these were being offered.

Hey I sort of let this fall by the wayside - I wasn't happy with where it was going and I think I can do better, but I've had so many damn projects and so much life to take care of I haven't had the heart to tackle this again just yet. Hopefully one day soon though!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back