HASBRO PROTON PACK 10/27

So the only way to get the activation sound from the pack is to flip the "new" red switch?

I edited my post like 4 times before you guys replied by the way lol.

Another edit - Now I'm even more confused..

They say we can switch between '84 sounds and afterlife sounds. What sounds will we be switching back and forth from then, if there is no connection to the sound in the wand??
I think the switchable sounds are for the pack start-up & the idling hum. The wand has the sounds for the basic steam, plus all the video game extras, which you probably knew, but I don't think there was much difference in the 'busting' sounds.

Don't want to say too much for spoiler reasons, but I'm thinking the pack itself had a bit more punch to it's sounds, like it was a bit more powerful due to the way it was used.

The sound in the video when the pack is switched on is not any of the sounds the wand makes.

As I understand it, at the moment the pack makes 'pack' sounds when switched on. The wand makes 'wand sounds'. The pack and wand sounds are independent of each other. The hose connects tthe pack to the wand to power it, replacing the wand battery pack. So the wand is powered by the pack batteries when connected, but doesn't control the pack in any way.

Of course, things may change between now and spring 2023, but I think to add 'control' connection between the wand and the pack is probably quite a challenge, and maybe too much to ask for at the price point.

The pack has a switch in the cyclotron, which swaps between Afterlife pack sounds and '84 pack sounds. The wand sounds (I assume) will stay as they are, which is basically the Afterlife sounds (and the game sounds when the mode is changed to slimeblower, freeze or meson collider).

Last edited:
So basically you need to switch the pack on before putting it on your back, or have someone switch you on, lol.

Looks like the release of the movie, Adam Savage, the new tier unlock, or some combination of the three provided a good boost in buyers. It's about 500 more people today than yesterday. For the past week it's been maybe 200-ish people per day.

i know they say at the beginning of the video review its 1:1 scale but is that 1:1 for adults? i know there was discussion about the packs being scaled for the younger actors for the movie. when Adam wears it in the video it looks a little smaller maybe, hard to tell.... but ultimately with all the interior details i think the price is very very good.

i know they say at the beginning of the video review its 1:1 scale but is that 1:1 for adults? i know there was discussion about the packs being scaled for the younger actors for the movie. when Adam wears it in the video it looks a little smaller maybe, hard to tell.... but ultimately with all the interior details i think the price is very very good.
They just released the dimensions of it today. It is full size.

FB_IMG_1637603512360.jpgFB_IMG_1637603515171.jpg

About how much would it cost to put together a pack on your own these days? I've always had the pack on the back burner because there's so much involved so I've never priced out a build. Since Nickatron is gone, I don't even know who makes good parts anymore. Am I going to spend as much buying this and modding it to an 84 pack as I would just building one from scratch, or do we think modding this will likely come in under what it would cost for all of the parts to build your own?

Last edited:
The sound in the video when the pack is switched on is not any of the sounds the wand makes.
The Spengler wand does in fact make the activate sound. Its the only sound that you can hear, other than the sound that plays when you pop the barrel out. The sound also doesn't play when he turns the pack on with the pack switch, it plays when the guy flips the switches on the wand. The pack is on with the motor running for about 3 seconds before you even hear the activate sound.

I'm confident the sounds heard in the video are coming from the wand and not the pack. The only sound you can hear from the pack, is the whining of the motor inside. I hope that is not on the final product lol.

Last edited:
At this point either you've toppled over the fence and backed or left the property. For a toy replica with this much functionality and customization at a ridiculously inexpensive $400 price point buy one now and use all the downtime till the 2023 release like I'll be building out my own pack. Best of both worlds guys. Considering this video reviewed a prototype and a lot of tinkering can occur before mass production I was alleviated of most of my concerns. For what we're getting out of the box stock before we all start modding this sucker this was the easily the smartest prop investment I made this year.

400 for this is a steal. After seeing adams video im getting at least 2 of them . We rarely see props this size being licensed and made successfully anymore so I think as fans it's important we back them when possible. The completed licensed egon legacy pack was like 4 grand if it got delivered at all. The kits were 600 and above without electronics ( correct me if I'm wrong, that's what ive seen them sold for) .

Right and this is what those social media folks who were complaining about the price when they revealed it didn't quite understand lol.

Right, I'm just wondering if one wanted a GB1 pack and can get a kit for $1000 or they can get this plus the wand for $550 + another say $300 in parts, are they just better off building the GB1 pack from the kit rather than modding this and the Egon wand (which I have seen modded already and looks slightly more annoying to me than just building one from a kit). I just worry based on the pics of this that some of the parts look especially toy-ish so modding it, even if some of the parts were meant to be removable, may end up being more of a headache in the long run. But, if we're talking $2-$3000 to put together a GB1 kit, then the Hasbro seems like it would be more worth the while.

Obviously, this would just be educated guessing since this one hasn't been released yet, but we have some pretty good pics and the Tested video gives some pretty great info.

Also, I'm only talking about if you ultimately want an 84 pack (which is what I’m after). If you just want A pack or you want THIS pack, then this is absolutely a Hell of a deal.

Last edited:
Here are images of the final two goals.

I'm fine if it doesn't reach these goals. The journal might be cool, but the stickers are meaningless.

Can the pack be displayed on the stand if you add an alice frame to it? It doesn't seem to me like it would fit if so.

hasbro_pulse_stretch_goal_3.jpghasbro_pulse_stretch_goal_4_03_SITE.jpghasbro_pulse_stretch_goal_4_02_site.jpghasbro_pulse_stretch_goal_4_01_site.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back