HASBRO PROTON PACK 10/27

I love that Adam pointed out the inaccuracies, lol. Probably too far along to make those structural changes at this point, but its still nice to note. I am super excited for this, glad the size does seem good. However, i hope they check the accuracy of that hose attachment again, it doesnt have the yellow switch thing near the handle.

So how does this compare to the original packs?

FB_IMG_1637603515171.jpg
FB_IMG_1637603512360.jpg

First off, this video is marketing genius. Hopefully it reaches a demographic that hasn’t heard or seen about this project yet.

Second, the pack is super impressive. It really makes me wonder if I should pick up a second one for my son for when he is older (and hopefully is interested in the movie).

Third, Adam Savage is so awesome and genuine. Literally, his life must be a delight to live. I’d love to just set for an afternoon and talk props, spacesuits, and movies with him.

Forth, I wish one of the unlock levels had pieces to covert this to an 84 pack. It wouldn’t take much. (a way to remove the added on parts and it not look like something was removed. I’m surprised they didn’t do that for a really high stretch goal. Another unlock level should have been parts to covert the wand to an 84 wand (new handle and removed grip)

Finally, I don’t think I have seen it mentioned if this will ever be released outside of a HasLab or not. Would be nice to know. I dont think they will do an 84 version since they already included the sounds in this one.

HUGE WARNING if you've not seen the film!

Near the end of the video, there's a toy reveal that spoils a HUGE part of the movie. If you've not seen it, heed the spoiler warning they give.

My apologies to anyone who was spoiled before I put up the warning, but I missed that part the first time I watched it

Last edited:
This will likely not be released outside of this Haslab.

I'm hoping they release a trap and a pke meter. They more than likely will, as these were up front and center in the movie.

I hope they add the same startup sounds from Afterlife when you hit the red switch as in the movie. Didn't sound like it on the prototype.

I hope they add the same startup sounds from Afterlife when you hit the red switch as in the movie. Didn't sound like it on the prototype.
Did I understand from a throwaway line early in the video that the soundboard wasn't there in the prototype they were looking at? I could be wrong but I think the only sound we heard was the motor for the vibration effect. I shall have to watch again to check!

Did I understand from a throwaway line early in the video that the soundboard wasn't there in the prototype they were looking at? I could be wrong but I think the only sound we heard was the motor for the vibration effect. I shall have to watch again to check!
Full electronics are in the pack in the Adam Savage video, but they aren't in the HasLab video. They remarked that some pieces had even been lost in the shuffle.

Full electronics are in the pack in the Adam Savage video, but they aren't in the HasLab video. They remarked that some pieces had even been lost in the shuffle.
Yep. You're right. I watched it again and you can hear it start up at about 19:24. I haven't seen the new film yet so have nothing to go on as to whether it's accurate to the movie sounds! But they've been so careful about accuracy to date, on the pack and on the wand, that surely they'd try to get the sound effects as close to the originals as possible? It seems such a labour of love for them.

Anyway, I am going to be counting days for the next 18 months! My wand and my PKE meter need their big sibling! :D

0C27B868-3345-4C49-BE69-D550511DC6D0.jpeg A7E6088F-0E1D-4019-971B-DB0E479B4256.jpeg 1231E293-4191-4A9E-9076-FEAFF17B00F6.jpeg F9032E82-B84E-4D61-83FE-19AECAB09476.jpeg C0B0BFD2-452C-447F-B797-96A7147D69F7.jpeg AE024770-4598-46C4-AEA7-D2137E5167EB.jpeg FC94CEAD-039B-48C2-A2B5-CFAE1984ABA5.jpeg 637E2423-DDA2-41B2-86B4-EEDD48218058.jpeg 33455CDD-9EE2-4562-890E-1A45391A95AC_1_201_a.jpeg 2A29E52C-62E0-42D7-914F-0C49A160FF64_1_201_a.jpeg D53B5ACD-ECC7-4E41-82F4-AF79674A2305.jpeg 6CC120CE-8658-4877-8779-176A79D352DD.jpeg D7A23FFE-4A90-4CBC-B5A6-051C53267718_1_201_a.jpeg A69C6B41-30F0-469D-87E4-7BB6A3B20B5B_1_201_a.jpeg

Yep. You're right. I watched it again and you can hear it start up at about 19:24.

I'm pretty sure the sound you are hearing is coming from the wand.

Speakers are in the wand & in the top of the pack. The generator crank is the volume knob.
Yes, correct but how is the speaker system in the pack communicating with the gun? All that connection in the hose does is provide power, no?

Yes, correct but how does the pack know I'm pressing the "activate" button in order to have the sound come from the pack as well as the gun? All that connection in the hose does is provide power, no?

Right...I don't believe there are any sounds that come from the pack that are controlled by the wand itself. I may be wrong but it's just the cyclotron sounds that come from the pack. The 'busting' effects only come from the wand.

So the only way to get the activation sound from the pack is to flip the "new" red switch?

I edited my post like 4 times before you guys replied by the way lol.

Another edit - Now I'm even more confused..

They say we can switch between '84 sounds and afterlife sounds. What sounds will we be switching back and forth from then, if there is no connection to the sound in the wand??

So the only way to get the activation sound from the pack is to flip the "new" red switch?

I edited my post like 4 times before you guys replied by the way lol.

Another edit - Now I'm even more confused..

They say we can switch between '84 sounds and afterlife sounds. What sounds will we be switching back and forth from then, if there is no connection to the sound in the wand??
The sounds you would be switching between are just for the pack itself. I'm not sure how different they sound between the two movies.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back