Hasbro NERF M41-A Pulse Rifle

Wow, that's a stunning picture of Sigourney Weaver! Captures a single moment of Ripley's attitude and emotions to perfection.

For those in the UK, I had an email this morning saying that payment had been taken, which I'm assuming means imminent posting.

Woohoo me too, going to be pressed up against my front window for the next few days, watching for the delivery van!!!!
Me three! My order page is saying 'This pre-order item will be available to dispatch on approx October 5th 2022', and worryingly that they're using Yodel as the courier...

Me three! My order page is saying 'This pre-order item will be available to dispatch on approx October 5th 2022', and worryingly that they're using Yodel as the courier...
Mine's now been posted apparently... though of course the tracking number provided isn't recognised by the Yodel website. :rolleyes: Like you, I'm a bit concerned by them using Yodel as the delivery company - they have the worst reputation of all of them by a long way. But all I can do is cross my fingers and hope that I'll beat the Yodel odds and it will turn up rather than being delivered to someone else's wheelie bin three streets away.

Mine's now been posted apparently... though of course the tracking number provided isn't recognised by the Yodel website. :rolleyes: Like you, I'm a bit concerned by them using Yodel as the delivery company - they have the worst reputation of all of them by a long way. But all I can do is cross my fingers and hope that I'll beat the Yodel odds and it will turn up rather than being delivered to someone else's wheelie bin three streets away.
Same! No number recognised. I'm gonna stay cheerfully optimistic.

Anyone order from Gamestop? My order just says waiting for product availability. Maybe filling orders in the order they were received?
In the U.S. here. I have one from Haslab and one from Gamestop. Hasbro says expected November 1, Gamestop says waiting for availability.

UK update.

mine has just been delivered, by man in a car! No issues with Yodel, so I hope everyone else has same experience.

Attachments

• 8465E6A6-2468-4DC8-902A-AF7377259C65.jpeg
    8465E6A6-2468-4DC8-902A-AF7377259C65.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 67
Mine arrived by Yodel man-in-a-van.

This morning they said delivery tomorrow, but that got revised to today and aside from that no issues. Lots of painting in my future now!

Got mine in Canada, unfortunately I am in central europe now! so my subletters I guess are shooting darts all around the apartment

KramStaar The more I look around at Nerf repaints the more and more I’m impressed by yours. My nerf arrived the other day and I’m going to TRY and make mine look as good as yours. I see now that you even filled all the screw holes on yours and sanded down all the embossed text. Is it safe to assume you did a complete disassembly for painting? Got more photos from other angles? Would love to see more.

Last edited:
KramStaar The more I look around at Nerf repaints the more and more I’m impressed by yours. My nerf arrived the other day and I’m going to TRY and make mine look as good as yours. I see now that you even filled all the screw holes on yours and sanded down all the embossed text. Is it safe to assume you did a complete disassembly for painting? Got more photos from other angles? Would love to see more.
That's very good of you to say mate, thank you.

Yes, I filled all the holes and sanded the logo's off as well as the tiny disclaimer text on the side under the receiver. It wasn't difficult and while it took a little time the overall result I was satisfied with. Did I disassemble the piece? No, I worked with it fully assembled.

I think it should be stressed that I was striving for a blaster that was well used, dirty and well loved not a pristine piece which is far harder to finish and takes a lot longer to complete. As I have mentioned before, I based it on the look and finish of one of the screen used blasters owned by a well-known collector - which looks really beaten up. In essence, my build is meant to embrace the spirit of the blaster from the movie and is in no way intended to be FROM the movie. The overall proportions of the Nerf are not close enough to fool anyone and so I consider it an M41 variant not an M41 itself - much like there are numerous variants (which look slightly different) of say, the AR15.

Here are a few pics I took while I was still working on it. I am still weathering the blaster here as you can see from the cleaner underside surfaces. The grip, I painted with wood grain and then weathered it heavily in the upper portions - in the same way a real combat firearm will have cleaner grips where there is constant rubbing.

Good luck. While it might not be accurate its a cracking offering and I know you wil enjoy your journey as much as I have.
MARK

DSC05543.JPG

DSC05545.JPG

DSC05544.JPG

Here are a few pics I took while I was still working on it. I am still weathering the blaster here as you can see from the cleaner underside surfaces. The grip, I painted with wood grain and then weathered it heavily in the upper portions - in the same way a real combat firearm will have cleaner grips where there is constant rubbing.
Just curious to confirm: the shroud looks way greener both in these shots and the last one alongside your (bogglingly lifelike) portrait, while the first two you posted look way browner, but the weathering is clearly consistent... Is that really all just down to lighting? If so, now I understand why this color has been so difficult for replicators to pin down!

And excellent wood grain on the handle; it would fool me.

Just curious to confirm: the shroud looks way greener both in these shots and the last one alongside your (bogglingly lifelike) portrait, while the first two you posted look way browner, but the weathering is clearly consistent... Is that really all just down to lighting? If so, now I understand why this color has been so difficult for replicators to pin down!

And excellent wood grain on the handle; it would fool me.
Thanks for your kind words re the Ripley drawing and the woodgrain Tommy - glad they work for you mate.

With regards the colour, yes its lighting conditions as well as the difference between shooting something with my iPhone and my SLR. The iPhone (a 13) definitely changes the hue for some reason.

The color I chose is more of an olive drab military green simply because that's more or less the color of the screen-used prop I have been privileged to have had access to.

On a personal level though, I do prefer the brown since it was the color I was exposed to during my years of service.

M

UK here and mine just arrived this morning. Wont be touching it until the workbench has been cleared of projects a bit more. I've also ordered a facehugger to drape over the gun when on the stand

Things to do
Make suitable stand
Fill/sand/paint
Add carry strap
If possible, add suitable sound effects (depends on how easy it is to take apart)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back