Hasbro Millennium Falcon : Weathering , filters and pastels

1/48 scale for the wing not 1/72
Thanks , yep your correct , closest I could see to match the 1:24 scale
image.jpeg
Robert the tanks are Revell sd.kfz 173 JAGDPANTHER , they are not totally accurate to the 5 foot falcon but I like the extra detail they add to the deck .
i think the center one is air fix , all these kits have been out of their boxes over a year , you want to see all the combos of jagdpanther hulls I considered , I'll post later

If the 5-footer is actually 5-feet long (or nearly) then 1/2 size would be 2.5 feet (or 30".) Since the 1/24th scale Hurri was used on the original, then the 1/48 Hurricane kit would be an exact fit for a 25 inch long version. In this application, the 1/48 scale wings would be about 11% too small for an "exact" match. If you were suffering from AMS (Anal Modeler Syndrome), then you might try and make up the difference by splicing in extra material. Visually, however with all the extra bits piled on, it really does look the part! As do the Jagdpanzer parts... nice how all those 1/35 kit parts can be downscaled by half using the corresponding 1/72 scale kits.

So many ways to build a Falcon... so little time!

Regards, Robert

----------------- correction ---------------------
This is what I get for writing on the forum after midnight!

Last edited:
Thanks , yep your correct , closest I could see to match the 1:24 scale
View attachment 611197
Robert the tanks are Revell sd.kfz 173 JAGDPANTHER , they are not totally accurate to the 5 foot falcon but I like the extra detail they add to the deck .
i think the center one is air fix , all these kits have been out of their boxes over a year , you want to see all the combos of jagdpanther hulls I considered , I'll post later

Oops! I thought for sure that the tank decks were Roco's.
Very interested in the scratch built engine deck (mandela) and the different combo's!
How did you get the correct curve in it?

If the 5-footer is actually 5-feet long (or nearly) then 1/2 size would be 25 feet. Since the 1/24th scale Hurri was used on the original, then the 1/48 Hurricane kit would be an exact fit for a 25 inch long version. In this application, the 1/48 scale wings would be about 11% too small for an "exact" match. If you were suffering from AMS (Anal Modeler Syndrome), then you might try and make up the difference by splicing in extra material. Visually, however with all the extra bits piled on, it really does look the part! As do the Jagdpanzer parts... nice how all those 1/35 kit parts can be downscaled by half using the corresponding 1/72 scale kits.

So many ways to build a Falcon... so little time!

Regards, Robert
hurricane is actually 11% too large, you can see it at the tip of the wing clashing with the plates , but I haven't figured out the exact cut yet.
You are bang on if you look at my rear deck you will see that going with 1/48 only 11 rear plates fit , so then I had to calculate out for two more scales before I could fit 13 so model is more than 1/50 I'll recalculate it when I go back to it .

Oops! I thought for sure that the tank decks were Roco's.
Very interested in the scratch built engine deck (mandela) and the different combo's!
How did you get the correct curve in it?
I used The original as a guide and then created two spars with the correct curve, then I had something solid to clamp the styrene to, after I marked the engines in I had to move a spar to leave enough room for engine details.

hurricane is actually 11% too large, you can see it at the tip of the wing clashing with the plates , but I haven't figured out the exact cut yet.
You are bang on if you look at my rear deck you will see that going with 1/48 only 11 rear plates fit , so then I had to calculate out for two more scales before I could fit 13 so model is more than 1/50 I'll recalculate it when I go back to it .

You are of course correct; I got my numbers turned around (thinking half of 5 feet was 25 inches... talk about churning mud!) The relative figure would be 30" (2.5 feet) vs the 28" of the Hasbro. I knew it wasn't half of the original but almost...

Cheers!
R/ Robert

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back