Hasbro Legacy Millennium Falcon Conversion

Totally inspired by my friend Jospeh's great idea of adapting the Hasbro Legacy Falcon to studio scale standards I started my own conversion too:love.
I asked Joseph if It would be OK to post here as now we are sharing info and joined forces to complete this huge task that will test my 5 Footer calculations before I start building a 5 footer.
I must say that I am trying to make the Hasbro Falcon look more like the 5 footer that the 32" inch ESB's Falcon, even though to make an accurate transformation would mean to replace almost the whole hasbro toy for hand made parts, and as I have not got too much modeling time left with the Art2Models second studio scale kit I decided to keep the Hasbro length mandibles but changing the 90 degrees to 87,5 degrees and replaced just the middle jaws.
Here are my first pics of how the conversion is going:

Bests:
Rod

Hi Scratchy, that fantastic-looking Falcon above is Rodmart's :) Mine is in a sorry-looking state but with
Rodmart's help I know my Falcon will rise from the ashes.

It's been a while since I worked on mine but I did have the Wankel 3d-printed by a fantastic guy named Robert Steiner (bob.steiner@gmail.com). Bob offers 3-D printing services as you can see from his website (DeepSea Artworks). I sent him my kit part and he drew it in Solidworks. It was amazing to see how Bob progressed from drawing to solid part. I don't have the part in my hands as of yet but I'll post more photos when they finally come.

01Rear.jpg

01Rotated.jpg

02-1.jpg

04.jpg

03.jpg

05Done.jpg

06Planviews.jpg

07Printedcomparedtokitpart.jpg

That is bloody awesome, CJ and still raising the bar ever more higher, Rodmart. I've been thinking about my own conversion lately and I do want to get back into it. Just with winter here I'm too lazy to do anything because it's too cold to do anything.

Please say you plan to make a kit of this!

Granted, I won't be able to aford to buy one, but I would like to know that it's been turned into a kit for posterity's sake. :D

Plus, I won't ALWAYS be broke...

I hope...

Totally inspired by my friend Jospeh's great idea of adapting the Hasbro Legacy Falcon to studio scale standards I started my own conversion too:love.
I asked Joseph if It would be OK to post here as now we are sharing info and joined forces to complete this huge task that will test my 5 Footer calculations before I start building a 5 footer.
I must say that I am trying to make the Hasbro Falcon look more like the 5 footer that the 32" inch ESB's Falcon, even though to make an accurate transformation would mean to replace almost the whole hasbro toy for hand made parts, and as I have not got too much modeling time left with the Art2Models second studio scale kit I decided to keep the Hasbro length mandibles but changing the 90 degrees to 87,5 degrees and replaced just the middle jaws.
Here are my first pics of how the conversion is going:

Bests:
Rod
I can't believe how cool that looks. Better than any fine molds falcon out there. It's that curved hull. Flat falcons just don't do it for me.

But that one....drool

The hull might have a curvature suitable for a 5ft replica but I still reckon it will rock as a near studio scale 32in replica since the details are based on the FM 1/72 Falcon kit.

That's it. I'm pulling mine from the garage and dusting it off. I just need to work out how best to re-do the jaw boxes.

The hull might have a curvature suitable for a 5ft replica but I still reckon it will rock as a near studio scale 32in replica since the details are based on the FM 1/72 Falcon kit.

That's it. I'm pulling mine from the garage and dusting it off. I just need to work out how best to re-do the jaw boxes.

even though the 32" seems a bit flatter, I'm sure that the FM MF is too flat

Amazing what you guys are doing with the toys and modding,
it's kind of like a separate culture inside model building.....does
that make sense? Any way great work I love it!!!:thumbsup

I've done a little more work on my Falcon, mainly on the docking ring, in the last few days. I've trimmed the ring from the main piece, still retaining the top part of the hull which I will be attach to the main hull.

I'm wanting to track down an extra docking ring though, especially the port ring, as this is the part I prefer to use for this part of the conversion but until then I have to use what I have.

P1090271a.jpg

Thanks Nazgul.

I've only just started to work on it again but it will be slow going. Fortunately the plastic is much better than the TIE Bomber though. Once I can get some styrene strips cut for the new sidewalls I can get the tube I'm using to brace the internal structure with cut to the correct height and do more work on the docking rings.

Last edited:
Good job, JP : ) Nothing to show for mine.

I should've given the length I need instead of giving the scale - 'cause for some reason with all these printed out - enough to build an armada of various scales - the correct size has been missed : (

At least I've probably got something here for the MPC.

001Set.jpg

Done some minor work to my Falcon over the last few nights. I've marked out the cut lines that I will be using to reduce the height of the landing gear boxes. I originally marked out the lines at 15mm from the top but this didn't look right so after re-checking I decided 20mm looked closer to the height of the 32in Falcon boxes.

Marking the lines was simple enough. I cut a 20mm piece of strip styrene and glued it to another then sat it on the edge of the boxes, moving it along and using a pencil to mark the lines as I went.

The next thing I need to do is to get the courage to actually start cutting because it won't look pretty if I mess this up. lol

P1090314a.jpg

P1090311a.jpg

P1090312a.jpg

P1090315a.jpg

Looking awwesome homey, keep up the good work and you too may one day rule the galaxy, just be careful because you might find out that 'it's a trap'!!!

Looking good. Now get that dremel to work allready! :lol

Its the freedom of doing toy mods, as its not some super expencive kit or a scratch build with 500 h+ in it, so you can relax and have fun. Its allways a little tense before starting I know, but you can often fix misstakes quickly with CA glue and baking soda or putty, and sand it right.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back