Hasbro Black Series Rogue One Stormtrooper Helmet

I got a notification this morning that mine had been dispatched

coming by DHL from Germany & will be here Monday apparently :confused

I ordered it from Amazon UK on 2/9

that's annoying, I ordered mine on the same day and mines not been dispatched yet....

EDIT, just noticed amazon are now selling them for £135! Only paid £59 for mine

Mine was delivered from Amazon today :)

I am well pleased with it for £59 I think it's fantastic

I only have the EFX to compare it to (& I know that isn't exactly accurate) but I think the Hasbro looks great & holds its own

hope every one else's Amazon orders start arriving soon

Attachments

• IMG_5708.JPG
    IMG_5708.JPG
    411.9 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_5731.JPG
    IMG_5731.JPG
    261.7 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_5729.JPG
    IMG_5729.JPG
    543.3 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_5724.JPG
    IMG_5724.JPG
    228.3 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_5722.JPG
    IMG_5722.JPG
    301.1 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_5710.JPG
    IMG_5710.JPG
    206.9 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG_5709.JPG
    IMG_5709.JPG
    255.4 KB · Views: 120
Well I finally got mine. Here in Oz they're $149 which is about $50 more expensive with currency conversion to the rest of the world. TRU seem to be the only one's stocking it here, but they have about 4-6 in stock at both Garden City and Aspley.

As for the helmet itself, as most have already said, it's a very nice comparative bucket. I've owned AP, EFX/MR and I believe it's closer to screen accuracy than the EFX/MR. It's a tight fit mainly because of the electronics and the speaker/mic is rubbish, barely works at all. I pulled the straps out and broke the permanent connectors out so it's easy to disassemble as I may replicate the 3 pieces down the track

I'm very happy with it, a tad on the expensive side, but very accurate for something being sold in a toy shop.

Excuse the fat guts, it was 35d here in Logan when I took that shot, too hot for shirts:lol

IMG_1985.JPGIMG_1988.JPGIMG_1987.JPGIMG_1986.JPGIMG_1989.JPG

Last edited:
Nope, still nothing for me.
When did you order yours? mine was paid for on 2nd September so really can't see why it is taking so long!
same date! mine is shipping from Slough, not Germany, like some of the others.

don't worry... it's probably just taking them time to get through all the orders... I believe they only got stock yesterday.

Okay... Day one examination completed yesterday, and now my observations...

First of all, the comparisons to other helmets, positive and negative... Well... Numbers always help. A lot of things can look either really similar or really dissimilar, absent context, so I decided to tackle some of the key points.

First thing I noticed was that the rear traps were positioned closer together than the ones on either my MR CE or my TE2. Matching HBS to MR CE crown base to crown base, the HBS is noticeably smaller. Out came the measuring things. Measuing around at the top of the brow trim (where the HBS crown ends, since the brow trim is part of the faceplate), the TE2 is 754mm around, the MR CE is 760, and the HBS is 751. So, closer to the original than to the MR CE, or than the MR CE is to the original, but still missed the mark. Since oth were purportedly laser-scanned off originals, one wonders if the dimensions were tweaked to prove provenance of any potential recasts...

Then I addressed myself to the faceplate. Interestingly, the tweaked crown dimensions don't really carry over to the rest of the helmet. Across the eyes, from outer corner across the bridge to outer corner, is 235mm on my TE2, 237 on the MR CE, and 230 on the HBS. But, as has been observed by others, the outer corners of the eyes are rounded off a lot compared to the originals. Corrected to more of a point, that can be made to match the wider measurements. The lens height, at widest point, is 32 and 29mm on the TE2 (that vaunted asymmetry some hold so dear), 33mm on the MR CE, and 30 on the HBS... So whatever "squintiness" I felt I saw was in my head. With a little bit of filing, my bubble lenses will fit like a dream.

The frown width, bearing in mind I'd already modded the frown on my MR CE to be properly Stunt-y, is right about 210mm on all three.

The side tube "real estate" (how much distance there is to work with), as measured along the bend from cheek to side tube, from the aerator shroud back... The originals vary a lot, and can be trimmed from way long to whatever overlap for a given helmet. Students of the original props know how all over the place this can be. So, confining myself to the more locked-in measurements... The MR CE has about 102mm before it ends at the earcap strap, and the HBS has about 122mm.

Lastly, the earcaps themselves... Apart from the greeblies and their orientation, the HBS is pretty much dead-on size-wise to the TE2 -- 65mm across the base, and roughly 60mm across the cap part itself. Meanwhile, the tiny MR CE earcap base is 58mm across. But I'd already been planning to address that. At this point, I may snag a regular helmet (which are all over my local TRU, Target, and WalMart) just to cannibalize the earcaps for my MR CE rework.

All the other gross measurements line up pretty well -- height of helmet back, overall width,etc. The undercut is as egregiously abbreviated as the MR CE, and that can be the reason for why it looks like it has such a pronounced angle from aerator shroud to side tube in profile. Extending the undercut in the right places will soften that angle to better resemble the original.

A few pics to illustrate what I mean:

tuglc_zpsday9svn8.jpg

hjffd_zpsgjeg4hbt.jpg

fdbvv_zpstmtzfbjt.jpg

--Jonah

The real comparison needs to be with a screen used Rogue One helmet imo. With that said, the Hasbro helmet has a better trooper look that most, again, IMHO.

Ordered mine last Sunday (30 Oct) from Argos, I plumped for delivery on Saturday - it turned up via Yodel but happily without any damage... Did take a quick look and asides from the speaker grills on the rear, it looks great for the price. Can't do anymore with it though as the wife quickly took it away - it's destined to be my Christmas present from the wife and kids... So now to wait 7 weeks before I can see it again :(

Ordered mine last Sunday (30 Oct) from Argos, I plumped for delivery on Saturday - it turned up via Yodel but happily without any damage... Did take a quick look and asides from the speaker grills on the rear, it looks great for the price. Can't do anymore with it though as the wife quickly took it away - it's destined to be my Christmas present from the wife and kids... So now to wait 7 weeks before I can see it again :(
me too! mine is for Christmas!

The real comparison needs to be with a screen used Rogue One helmet imo. With that said, the Hasbro helmet has a better trooper look that most, again, IMHO.

I agree. The trooper armour has been 'fettled' for Rogue One so the Hasbro helmet should only really be compared with the helmets from the new film. Comparison with the images available already though make the Hasbro look very good to my eye. I've started to make a couple of small changes to mine to make it more comfortable to wear primarily. I'm very tempted to have a crack at replicating the separate tubes on the front of the helmet though...

webtroop3_N.jpg

I finally saw one in person at a Toy Store near my house... they were 115 CAD... but I'm still holding out for Toys R Us Canada to get some... I'm not sure why they're not there already.

But in the short time I had one in hand, tried it on, I think it looks GREAT. I can't say comparitively to Original Trilogy helmets, but just as a stand alone piece, I can't believe how good it looked.

The Black Series Kylo helmet seems plastic and crappy... and is begging to be modded... this didn't.

Definitely getting one. Just gotta wait it out for Toys R Us to get it cheaper.

NeoRutty, I haven't seen any of my local retailers offering then at a discount, including TRU. What you're finding is what I'd pay off-the-shelf, including tax, down here. The disparity is just the current exchange rate. I don't know of anyone offering them at any kind of significant discount, excepting the early-bird presales at some places.

--Jonah

Last edited by a moderator:
@NeoRutty, I haven't seen any of my local retailers offering then at a discount, including TRU. What you're finding is what I'd pay off-the-shelf, including tax, down here. The disparity is just the current exchange rate. I don't know of anyone offering them at any kind of significant discount, excepting the early-bird presales at some places.

--Jonah

Waiting on Toys R us cuz I have a 30 dollar credit there... only reason!

BTW... anyone quoting someone, or responding to a PM find they can't use the space bar if they press enter after beginning a post? I have to write everything in one long block and then break into paragraphs after the fact or I can't use spaces... Anyone??

@NeoRutty, I haven't seen any of my local retailers offering then at a discount, including TRU. What you're finding is what I'd pay off-the-shelf, including tax, down here. The disparity is just the current exchange rate. I don't know of anyone offering them at any kind of significant discount, excepting the early-bird presales at some places.

--Jonah

Yeah... they're $99 Cdn up here... after tax it's about $112.... he's just holding out for TRU because I just found out he has a gift card... cheap ass *******.... ;)

Waiting on Toys R us cuz I have a 30 dollar credit there... only reason!

BTW... anyone quoting someone, or responding to a PM find they can't use the space bar if they press enter after beginning a post? I have to write everything in one long block and then break into paragraphs after the fact or I can't use spaces... Anyone??

This happened to me the other day. I had to close the browser and open it back up.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back