Hasbro Black Series Rogue One Stormtrooper Helmet

Keep cool...everyone will get one.Its Hasbro...they will make billions of them!:lol

This. I am actually thinking of waiting for pics and reviews. I wound up not even getting a Kylo helmet until this summer, but I got one with relative ease. I am having a blast modding it, but it has also been a pain. Kinda hoping I can just weather one of these up, maybe darker the lenses with some spray tint, and slap it up on a display.

Keep cool...everyone will get one.Its Hasbro...they will make billions of them!:lol

You are probably right. It's like a license to print money!

However, I have wanted a good Stormtrooper since I was a lad in 77. At this price, I don't want to get left out in the cold. :eek

I think there are lots of better helmets out there since 1977!;)

For $80? Because I'm pretty sure thats what most people are excited about. Although far from perfect, this helmet at this price is pretty incredible. Go back to the late 70s and early 80s and see what was available for comparatively the same price. Nothing anywhere near as nice as this helmet is. Even if you take into consideration that some people might upgrade the helmet by putting more time and money into it, you're still starting off with a really nice base for a great price. Not to mention the fact that there aren't any replicas of a R1 Stormtrooper helmet out there yet.

Not interested in symmetrical idealized Stormtrooper helmets, but these look pretty nice. Though I don't like the exterior battery compartment and the lenses might need a change too
Doesn't 'idealized' typically mean non-screen accurate cleanup? Since this version will now be in an official Star Wars film, I wouldn't call it idealized. I can understand if people don't like the design, but it is just as screen accurate as any of the other designs that have appeared in the films since it will be in a film.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

For $80? Because I'm pretty sure thats what most people are excited about. Although far from perfect, this helmet at this price is pretty incredible. Go back to the late 70s and early 80s and see what was available for comparatively the same price. Nothing anywhere near as nice as this helmet is. Even if you take into consideration that some people might upgrade the helmet by putting more time and money into it, you're still starting off with a really nice base for a great price. Not to mention the fact that there aren't any replicas of a R1 Stormtrooper helmet out there yet.
There aren't any other replicas yet. I bet it is just a matter of time for others to be offered at different price points and qualities. I'm surprised that Anovos hasn't had any announcements for R1 yet.

There aren't any other replicas yet. I bet it is just a matter of time for others to be offered at different price points and qualities. I'm surprised that Anovos hasn't had any announcements for R1 yet.

Yes, I'm sure there will be plenty of options for fans in the near future. I seriously doubt we'd see even a kit of this helmet made in ABS at or near this price level, though. And if Anovos gets around to offering a finished replica, all their problems aside, it'd be at least $300 like the TFA FO standard helmet. So, for now, this really is a great offering by Hasbro.

What I really like about this helmet, at this price point, is the fact it can be viewed as a finished piece OR a kit.

If you get it and decide you like it, throw it on your shelf and enjoy! If you get it and decide you can make it a little better, at $80 you're not really risking much. Some gutting of the electronics (if desired) and moving the battery cover would be enough to really make this thing shine. You can of course go further.. Lenses, extending under the tube, changing the mic tips..the possibilities are endless. If you take the Kylo for example, I bought it at the $80 price point, gutted it, refinished and painted it. It felt like putting together a KIT. In the end, I got a piece I felt was comparable to the Anovos bucket so there was no way I could justify their price or a fan replica price. I had already got a piece 95% within accuracy and at literally a sixth of the price. There are so many examples of people doing these modifications and getting helmets that blow fan replicas out of the water, but they all come with help from Hasbro.

Doesn't 'idealized' typically mean non-screen accurate cleanup? Since this version will now be in an official Star Wars film, I wouldn't call it idealized. I can understand if people don't like the design, but it is just as screen accurate as any of the other designs that have appeared in the films since it will be in a film.

I only collect Original Trilogy Imperials so I don't care personally about any idealized or symmetrical helmet. And no, Rogue one is not OT in my books. Get it now? ;)

This does look like a very good bargain. I could see plenty of people doing nothing to it and others using it as a base to enhance. However, if it isn't quite what you are looking for and you are willing to spend more, there will most likely be other options.

Ummmm....do you think they will do a Vader..........
The efx Stormtrooper PCR is pretty close to this price, but the Vader is several times higher. It may be too expensive to make a decent quality Vader for this price point.

This looks very good, looks a lot like the MR. As the MR is $350 here in Australia, this at $149 is a pretty good buy! I wonder if they will sell out fast or hang around like the Hasbro Hero X Wings and then price drop

The efx Stormtrooper PCR is pretty close to this price, but the Vader is several times higher. It may be too expensive to make a decent quality Vader for this price point.

I still think it's possible/viable,
the PCR Vader is £300 in uk and the black series look like they will be £70 so even if they make an understandable price hike to say £110/£130 for a Vader that's still less than half the price of the PCR.
Kylo. Stormtrooper. Vader? Scout trooper? Oh yeah Biker Scout me up Hasbro :)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back