Has anyone purchased a helmet from Galaxy Toys?

Great, taking digs at a charity organisation now? Either ways, aren't you breaking some rules here?
What answering the original post as anyone bought and Galaxy toys Helmet and how I liked it. Sure I defend him and question why people who haven't bought it rip it. I also question why all the star wars collection had started for the love of it not what it turned into a good old boys group if something doesn't fit your so called standard it's wrong. It's about collecting what brings joy to your personally and the love of the star wars franchise.

And there is the problem with groups like this and the 501st super nerd's your take dressing up in a costume or your collection to the extreme. I'm your average person who still collects for the enjoyment of it and personally if you personally don't know me I don't give to f's about an option of someone behind a keyboard.
You're asking the wrong group for advice. These aren't 501st members you're talking to. They are serious prop collectors who know what they are talking about when it comes to quality and accuracy. They respect the hard work artists put into their creations. They are adamantly against recasting, and stealing someone else's work for profit. Join a Star Wars helmet group on Facebook. You'll find that more of the collectors are just like you. Casual collectors who are looking for helmets on a budget.

What answering the original post as anyone bought and Galaxy toys Helmet and how I liked it. Sure I defend him and question why people who haven't bought it rip it. I also question why all the star wars collection had started for the love of it not what it turned into a good old boys group if something doesn't fit your so called standard it's wrong. It's about collecting what brings joy to your personally and the love of the star wars franchise.

Oh you can collect and enjoy what you bought. However don't go to these serious collecting sites and wonder why we don't APPRECIATE the seller's rights.

They source out originals or spend time making their own molds, money and labour.

Recasters are of course considered scum here, they don't source out the original or do the time themselves, they rip off others peoples effort in order to make $$$$

Selling also brings joy. Don't make this one sided. We care about vendors and their rights, and don't think selfishly

Taken digs at a charity organization that had gone to the extreme with something and forgotten the their roots to raise money and
You're asking the wrong group for advice. These aren't 501st members you're talking to. They are serious prop collectors who know what they are talking about when it comes to quality and accuracy. They respect the hard work artists put into their creations. They are adamantly against recasting, and stealing someone else's work for profit. Join a Star Wars helmet group on Facebook. You'll find that more of the collectors are just like you. Casual collectors who are looking for helmets on a budget.
No where in this does it say anything ab
Search- Star Wars Helmet Collectors, and Star Wars Headhunters.
What I don't fit the good old boys club because I called you good old boys out.

Dude, you're cracking me up! I'm here to help you, and no matter what anybody says, you're finding a reason to get insulted. From what you have shared with us, you have indicated that you love Star Wars props, you have a budget, and you're not particularly concerned about recasting. Because you are not concerned about recasting, you may want to stop posting on a forum where recasting is considered the ultimate sin.

Oh you can collect and enjoy what you bought. However don't go to these serious collecting sites and wonder why we don't APPRECIATE the seller's rights.

They source out originals or spend time making their own molds, money and labour.

Recasters are of course considered scum here, they don't source out the original or do the time themselves, they rip off others peoples effort in order to make $$$$

Selling also brings joy. Don't make this one sided.
Please please tell me truly what is the difference if I personally use clay to copy the Helmet sitting in front of me. Did I come up with the idea nope I sculpted a clay model of someone else's work right. So like I said 90% of the Helmet are just a copy someone made of someone's else's work. **** I can sit down with modeling clay and do that make a mold and cast a helmet. But did come up with it or did I copy someone idea.

Dude, you're cracking me up! I'm here to help you, and no matter what anybody says, you're finding a reason to get insulted. From what you have shared with us, you have indicated that you love Star Wars props, you have a budget, and you're not particularly concerned about recasting. Because you are not concerned about recasting, you may want to stop posting on a forum where recasting is considered the ultimate sin.
I'm on those pages also I get it but come-on people have forgotten why we all do this and it's beyond stupid.

Please please tell me truly what is the difference if I personally use clay to copy the Helmet sitting in front of me. Did I come up with the idea nope I sculpted a clay model of someone else's work right. So like I said 90% of the Helmet are just a copy someone made of someone's else's work. **** I can sit down with modeling clay and do that make a mold and cast a helmet. But did come up with it or did I copy someone idea.

I see you're not getting at it. You're making the thing yourself correct? Out of clay, malleable material, yes? You may base your sculpture off an image or base it off a 3d object like a person in front of you, but ultimately it's your labour being done to produce it, so it's fundamentally, yours.

However, using a pre-existing hard copy of something that you paid 1/100 of what the original person bought it for and doing 1/100 the labour before slathering silicone on it is recasting. You've accomplished nothing. You simply stole someone else work.

Last edited:
If I spend 12 hours creating a painting, you are not allowed to photograph it, make copies, and sell them. You are perfectly welcome to look at the painting and paint one yourself. The only thing we are doing, is defending hardworking artists. No one is trying to take the joy out of your collecting.

Shoretroopers are definitely recast....and very poorly I may add. The photos shown on the listing and photos shared of the actual product don't even come close to matching....look at these, why is the 'Blast Shield" like that!

iap_640x640.2288916106_f6jbt09h.jpg

iap_640x640.2358657057_21xjklbc.jpg

iap_640x640.2501722405_h5j8w9tu.jpg

Without even commenting on recasting, I will just repeat my earlier comment which was a direct answer to his question. This vendor seems to be hit-and-miss with their products. Some people are very happy with the quality, While others are getting inferior products that do not match the quality shown on his Etsy page.

One thing Semenja was successful in doing is to bring scrutiny to this Etsy seller. If he said nothing this thread would have slowly vanished into obscurity and this Etsy seller would still be selling recasts. Now, with all the attention this thread is getting, it is proving that the seller is a recaster. Perhaps Anovos will take notice and bring legal action against him. They could go through his 5 years of selling and sue him for lost revenue, in addition to copyright infringement.

TazMan2000

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back