Has anyone purchased a helmet from Galaxy Toys?

Yep, you can see the shorter trim.....

E9BA3214-CD3C-4EBF-A9C2-BFA630180ED1.jpeg

Ok bottom line why do you really care it's a helmet off of Esty that looks great to the average person and is cheap for the average person. Do you have nothing better to do. Most of all did you all forget why we all collect star wars for the love of it. Sadly some of us have taken to the next level and forgotten this.

Looking at their Shoretrooper helmet is that the actual Anovos helmet they're using in the photos? Down to the wrong color on the Anovos and the weathering. Also the visor. Very few makers of the Shoretrooper use the correctly shaped bubble lens and I doubt a $200 helmet is one of them. It looks nothing like the ones in the user reviews.

Purfect example of what is so wrong with this community and why people like myself are not joining the 501st and these forms. Holy than now people like you. I have four of his Helmets and love them all.

So you joined this community to complain about it? You're blaming this community for not joining the 501st? That is a stretch, don't you think?
You can buy and own any helmet you want, recast or original, nobody is telling you any different.

There are members here that know a lot about SW helmets (this excludes me) and versions of them...literally decades of experience. The OP asked a question and several members chimed in with their opinion. Some educated guesses, and some not (like mine).

If you're defending recasting...you're not going to get a lot of people here siding with you.

TazMan2000

Last edited:
I've seen reviews of their helmets on Facebook. They are hit and miss. Sometimes their work looks great. Unfortunately, I know someone who ordered an AT-AT helmet, and it looked like it had been put together and painted by novice prop maker. Terrible quality. You're most likely getting a recast, and you're gambling on the quality.

With all the bad feeling towards Anovos here, I'm surprised there are people who even care if their stuff gets recast.

Well really think about it if your not buying a helmet directly from the original prop company that did it for the film's. 90% of the Helmets out there are copies of someone else's work. Great you can use modeling clay any make your own copy of the original, but no matter what you say it's a copy. You didn't design it yourself. So if the Helmets at Galaxy's toys are copy or casts. If I can save yourself a ton of money to have a helmet that you can enjoy that all that really matters in the end.
So you joined this community to complain about it? You're blaming this community for not joining the 501st? That is a stretch, don't you think?
You can buy and own any helmet you want, recast or original, nobody it telling you any different.

There are members here that know a lot about SW helmets (this excludes me) and versions of them...literally decades of experience. The OP asked a question and several members chimed in with their opinion. Some educated guesses, and some not (like mine).

If you're defending recasting...you're not going to get a lot of people here siding with you.

TazMan2000
First of all I'm could careless on getting anyone's support because 8 collect what I like l. Second of all the original post was has only one bought his helmet. Well unlike the people who haven't and are calling a recast I have bought his helmet and give him my opinion on the Helmet because own his helmet. He didn't ask if it's a recast did he nope. So yes I will defend this seller because the helmet I have from is great was quite cheap than an overpriced Anovos Helmet. I own a few Anovos myself and sorry to say the galaxytoys Helmet I like better and the bottom line if any Helmets give you enjoyment that is all that should matter right. People super critical in the Bible first standards is driven many many many many many people away because it's taken to the extreme It's it's a damn Helmet. If you didn't buy the helmet from the original prop maker for the movie every helmet is a copy of some sort who gives a rat's ass that you can model with clay and make your own It's still a copy of the original.

With all the bad feeling towards Anovos here, I'm surprised there are people who even care if their stuff gets recast.
i guess it comes down to that unwritten rule current license holders are out of bounds

Well really think about it if your not buying a helmet directly from the original prop company that did it for the film's. 90% of the Helmets out there are copies of someone else's work. Great you can use modeling clay any make your own copy of the original, but no matter what you say it's a copy. You didn't design it yourself. So if the Helmets at Galaxy's toys are copy or casts. If I can save yourself a ton of money to have a helmet that you can enjoy that all that really matters in the end.

First of all I'm could careless on getting anyone's support because 8 collect what I like l. Second of all the original post was has only one bought his helmet. Well unlike the people who haven't and are calling a recast I have bought his helmet and give him my opinion on the Helmet because own his helmet. He didn't ask if it's a recast did he nope. So yes I will defend this seller because the helmet I have from is great was quite cheap than an overpriced Anovos Helmet. I own a few Anovos myself and sorry to say the galaxytoys Helmet I like better and the bottom line if any Helmets give you enjoyment that is all that should matter right. People super critical in the Bible first standards is driven many many many many many people away because it's taken to the extreme It's it's a damn Helmet. If you didn't buy the helmet from the original prop maker for the movie every helmet is a copy of some sort who gives a rat's ass that you can model with clay and make your own It's still a copy of the original.

openly supporting a recaster
you will be popular somewhere i suppose

The rear canisters on the ATAT definitely look like Anovos casts...I’m sure you can see the line from the black part on the cast.

What are you, a sock puppet? Looking at your account creation and content, seems very likely.
And there is the problem with groups like this and the 501st super nerd's your take dressing up in a costume or your collection to the extreme. I'm your average person who still collects for the enjoyment of it and personally if you personally don't know me I don't give to f's about an option of someone behind a keyboard.

And there is the problem with groups like this and the 501st super nerd's your take dressing up in a costume or your collection to the extreme. I'm your average person who still collects for the enjoyment of it and personally, if you personally don't know me I don't give to f's about an option of someone behind a keyboard.

Great, taking digs at a charity organisation now? Either ways, aren't you breaking some rules here?

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back