Has anyone purchased a helmet from Galaxy Toys?

Collectorchris

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hello all,

I ran across a seller on Etsy from the Netherlands who is selling some really nice helmets (he/she may even be a member here, not sure). A buddy of mine bought his ATAT driver helmet and I pulled the trigger on the Tie Pilot. I should have asked this up front before buying, but has anyone purchased from them and if so, thoughts? for the price, I am not sure how SA it is, for those of you who do, I would like opinions please.

I don't know about posting links to active sales on here, if it is against the rules, I apologize.

Link to the helmet:

I'm no expert but it looks pretty good. The greeblies on the ear might need to be either replaced or repainted chrome. The foam inside looks a little odd. If it were me, I'd tear it out, cut slots in the frown and glue in a black mesh, then fabricate new padding. It doesn't look like it has the bubble lenses, so I would replace those too. But honestly, for that quality you can't beat the price. He has a 5 star rating, so obviously he keeps his customers happy, but I have no idea of the lineage of his master helmet, whether it was printed, cast, or even copied.

TazMan2000

He states it is not a print, that it is casted, I assume a roto-cast. I felt like it looked pretty good as well, but I have not done much research on this helmet.

Correction, I said "root cast" was pn my phone, should have said "roto-cast"

Last edited:
He states it is not a print, that it is casted, I assume a root-cast. I felt like it looked pretty good as well, but I have not done much research on this helmet.

I was just meaning that it could have been printed, post-processed, then cast. Another issue is that the mohawk looks a little too wide. But for all that you get it seems to be a nice helmet for the price. A quick search doesn't reveal anything bad about this seller and he has been in business for 5 years.
Some sharp eyed members will usually find recasters, that change their seller name all the time to avoid bad online remarks.
If I didnt already have a couple of TIE pilot helmets, I would get this one. Just a warning to ensure you get the exact one as pictured. Sometimes sellers make a pristine one for advertising then send ones that are less than stellar and sagging. Not saying this guy does that, but it is wise to be careful.

TazMan2000

I bought a FO Tie Fighter helmet from them years ago. It was pretty good for such a cheap price. Well cast and shipped really quickly. I've seen a few people order from them recently on Facebook and their helmets look good.

What makes no sense is the face of the the pilot looks almost like its screen sourced then when browsing their items we see their TK lid. Its a Rubies recast. WTH?

I bought the at at driver helmet from him, for the price im very happy with mine. Its not super heavy being fiberglass and i cant complain. It looks the part. The vacuum formed one from sandprops are a lot nicer but theres a huge price difference. This would be good for trooping or display.

I believe I worked on one of their Tie helmets several years back and I was not happy with the quality. The helmet had cracks in the gel coat and horrible orange peel from the paint.

Their OT Stormtrooper looks to be recast/reworked from the cheap Rubies helmet and the ST trooper looks like it’s quite possibly an Anovos recast. Some red flags right there IMO.

Last edited:
Thanks for the input my friends, I will follow-up when it comes in.

I am certainly hoping it is not a Rubies re-cast. Part of the reason I was looking at this was the issues and size of the Rubies.

I talked to the maker probably weekly and I know it's not recast of an Anovos. I truly love how people rip and accuse makers that sell something cheap. With that said yes there are things wrong with the helmet but it's a $200 helmet. If your looking for a screen accurate one go spend $1000 but this is a great Helmet for the price

Hmmmm....

When a new member comes in and the first thing they do... in literally their first post.... is defend someone accused of something... no browsing and commenting on anything cool, just beelining straight to defend someone... it always smells fishy. :unsure:

Purfect example of what is so wrong with this community and why people like myself are not joining the 501st and these forms. Holy than now people like you. I have four of his Helmets and love them all.

Purfect example of what is so wrong with this community and why people like myself are not joining the 501st and these forms. Holy than now people like you. I have four of his Helmets and love them all.
Nobody said anything that comes across as "HOLIER THAN THOU" - yes, that is the correct expression.

I was just pointing out a pattern we have seen across decades here on this forum. Someone closely related to the item in question suddenly signs up and defends the item. That is not acting like I am above anyone, that is merely stating a fact.

Well your statement comes across as you are I was also voice texting so sorry for the misspelling. With that being said once again your attitude in your last statement shows again that you're judging people without even knowing anything, just like people saying it's a recast. Do you know anything about me or my collection. Personally I have over 60 helmets in my collection ranging from Marko enterprise to the Anovos. I'm personally finding these small shops are putting out great Helmets the average person can afford. Not everyone can afford $1000 for a helmet. I bought his AT-AT helmet and then spent some more on greebies to upgrade it and it still under $400.

I’ve purchased 3 items from galaxy toys all in the Feb/March timeframe. Got the AT-AT, Patrol trooper, and Mando bust. Other than sitting in customs for a while everything went well and all three helmets make great display pieces. Unlikely 100% SA, but for around $200 shipped they are a tremendous value (from my perspective) and I would buy again if another helmet that I want becomes available. I will say (for full disclosure) that I’ve recently seen on FB some people say their recent AT arrivals have had some quality issues. I know they got popular quick and I’m guessing that’s led to some rushing.

I think the AT-AT helmet could be an Anovos recast.
it does look like anovos

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
geordietrooper , I think you're right. Upon closer inspection the sections of the helmet look like they were filled in, poorly, with clay, as the photos it looks like the mould reproduced the faults. But I admit, that could be just problems with the gel coat. On the TIE, there are no square buttons on each side of the mohawk,, so he may have used a AT-AT driver helmet, but the square buttons are more pyramidal on the Anovos.

On Etsy, he says that it is "original casted" on every helmet. On his Commander Neyo, he has edited that this one is not recasted. Why just this ad? Is that because Anovos didn't release Commander Neyo? Was the Patrol Trooper ever released?

I'm suspect this guy has not made any of these helmets, but he looks like he is churning out fiberglass castings of them. I'm not accusing him of anything, since I am no expert on any SW helmet, but I find it strange that he can make a fiberglass casting so inexpensively. All I will say, is that it looks suspicious.

TazMan2000

Okay question then why are this different if it was a cast wouldn't these be the same?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200828-141619~2.png
    Screenshot_20200828-141619~2.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 132
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back