can't beleive with so many tracksuits made for the movie, there
were non on ebay or the Prop store.

Xeno

Originally posted by xeno@Jan 5 2006, 09:22 PM
can't beleive with so many tracksuits made for the movie, there
were non on ebay or the Prop store.

Xeno
[snapback]1151524[/snapback]​

Ebay just sold one last week from some charity auction.

-Zoid

Saw it last night and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Hey it's Michael Bey

sure it's derivative, but there was enough of an original spin on it for him to call it his own.

It was far smarter and better then I anticipated

I see some of THX in it, but honestly, the tone of THX was so intentionally slow and monotonous, like the lives of the folks who lived in that "utopian" world, there were also some Boy and His Dog likenesses, as well as some Gattaca style dehumanizing, amongst others.

Honestly I don't see it as any more derivative then Star Wars. Bey took a lot of ideas that had been done, threw them in a blender, and came out with something his own.

The only problem I had with the island, was the spontaneous memory generation, but at least it served the plot

as for the props, I think the stand out is the ID bracelets, if there was on item I'd like to have, I think the bracelet is the signature piece

anyone have any info on the bracelets?

so I've been digging around, and they kinda look like a really spiffy hose clamp or a retaining ring to me... so I've been scouring hoseclamp manufacturers sites...
but it makes sense to me as they had hundreds of extras as clones and they all had one
(and they were perfectly round)

if I discover anything I'll pass it along...

I'm thinking I'm right at this point

http://www.teconnex.com/products/clamps_couplings.htm

Hey Trooper

I found some online clips from The Island, and I noticed when they are showing the clones
in their big silicone boob implant pockets (sorry, that's what they look like. I think I've been watching too much Nip/Tuck)

Anyways, on the black hoses that go into them, their appears to be a clamp on the hose, and it looks identical to the ID bracelets. Can you do a screen grab and confirm this?

Originally posted by tgreco@Jan 13 2006, 06:25 PM
Anyways, on the black hoses that go into them, their appears to be a clamp on the hose, and it looks identical to the ID bracelets.  Can you do a screen grab and confirm this?
[snapback]1158407[/snapback]​

It would be great to get a positive ID on the bracelets themselves, considering the info band could be easily made with thin acrylic sheet and backlit with an LED. I agree that this is definitely the signature prop from this movie. Love to see these made. :)

Originally posted by robstyle@Jan 19 2006, 04:48 AM
surprised nobody mentioned the cool dart guns used to haul Michale Clark Duncan through the hallway by his calves.
[snapback]1162610[/snapback]​
I agree, I want a gun.

Well, I really liked the movie. But I have to admit, the fact that many of the downtown scenes were filmed a few blocks from where I work added to my enjoyment..

I have a couple things "from the set": A resin "bolt" that held down the hover-coupling-things for the trains that float by, near ground. A "do not touch" type sign that was on one of the gigantic steam vents. And lastly, a hunk of the Armored Car after it ripped that police car in half.

I'll take some pics.

If someone can do a quick favour, I'd like to see a screen shot of the establishing shot of them, just before asking for the Information Kiosk (or whatever they called it). (I was standing just off camera when they filmed that, by the way.)

Anyway, looking down the street in the distance, is a red and white mural on a building. It's very tiny, but it's the Steve Yzerman mural that was here in Detroit for a few years.

I'd like to check that out. Thanks.

-- Tim

P.S. Sorry for the hijack... Here's that panel, the yellow only, it's about 6 x 8 inches:
[image]http://www.wackychimp.com/uploads/DSC05450Panel.JPG[/image] Thanks WC.

Originally posted by tgreco@Jan 10 2006, 02:40 PM
so I've been digging around, and they kinda look like a really spiffy hose clamp or a retaining ring to me... so I've been scouring hoseclamp manufacturers sites...
but it makes sense to me as they had hundreds of extras as clones and they all had one
(and they were perfectly round)

if I discover anything I'll pass it along...

I'm thinking I'm right at this point

http://www.teconnex.com/products/clamps_couplings.htm
[snapback]1155470[/snapback]​

I can't get this page to load?

Originally posted by franz bolo@Feb 12 2006, 02:58 AM
I started THIS THREAD a while back and got no response.

I think it's a cool prop.

FB
[snapback]1182148[/snapback]​

Has nothing been made so far??
I wonder if any props will surface.

Greetings,

BasD

Guess I'm a bit late on this one, but I got this flashlight for Christmas last year from my wife and I believe it is the one used by Ewan when he's in the tunnel areas. Can get it at Target.

picturelt4.jpg

picture002lp0.jpg

Whoops, shoulda made those pics a bit smaller, hope nobody has dial up. :p

The phone Sean Bean uses is a Nokia 8801.

It's a cool phone with a lot of features. The battery life is pathetic though and the ringtones that come with the phone are kinda creepy. Plus, the phone retails for $649 and the main carrier is T-Mobile but you can get unlocked versions on eBay for about $325.

It definitely draws attention though. It got me a conversation with a gorgeous girl standing in line at Togos so that made me forget the price. :D

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back