Has anyone atempted to create a real, working Bat Signal?

disasterology

Jr Member
Just for the curiosity. The title, has anyone ever attempted it? I have a big science-oriented background, but sadly not in Physics, so I'm not even sure if it's really possible (I'd imagine it is possible to a certain extent) or the legality of creating/using something like that, though I should be aware of the legality, as I am currently working in the Criminal Justice field. Any word on a project like this?

You might want to check around the forums, there are several build threads for 1:1 bat signals. I have a small bat signal (~1:18 scale) that works at short distances when pointed at a wall or ceiling. Larger ones would of course work at longer distances, but will still need to be projected on solid surfaces unless there are fairly dense, low clouds. Without something to catch the light, it will just disperse and you won't be able to see anything.

I would imagine any size spotlight with a fresnel lens would work, just don't make the cut out from flammable materials.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Did it before. Relatively easy but if you're expecting to see the bat signal in the sky then it's quite literally impossible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back