Harry Potter: Hogwarts Textbooks

@Hinkypunk: That would be cool to have the whole test. Then add it in with the covers of his book you did and the sign photo. :) we can then all have a little scary shrine of lockhart stuff. :)

the artefact boxes will come out on april and the photo will be lenticular and i don't want it lenticular, i prefer a normal photo. Don't worry if you're not able to do it! No problem! Anyone that has got the photo?

Well.. if someone gets the box and scans the photo, we can see what we can do. Until then, those photos are way too small to do anything.

Norbert, I don't know what signed photo we are doing. Clue me in?

I think the signed photo he's talking about is The Flying Gilderoy Lockhart one. I have a small res version of it. and some other paper props I think you'll be interested in.

GilderoylockhartFLying.jpg

FireEscape.png

[
Hogwartsschoolsong.jpg

@Hinkypunk: The one where The Flying Gilderoy Lockhart. They one he signs in the movie. I have a photo of his Autograph looks like under my photos in the book part.

@ffg: you got some good stuff I what

ehi hikypunk maybe you can work on the seeker weekly magazine...the front is in the first page of this thread and you can add some effects to make it less toy, and for the back page maybe you can use a sponsor page like the juice in the quidditch world cup program!

O.K.... Its a start. Yes it is print cut glue. I am verry happy so far and I am looking
forward continuing with this project. Again thanks to the talented ones..

If you think they look good, then yes they are your designs. If you think they look horrible, then no they are not...

Then, Why yes they are most certainly your designs. I could never make anything look good from scratch. Your covers are fantastic. I had to do some creative printing and cutting to make a spine and back for the Dark Forces book. I am serious when I say your work is making us all look good.

Please do share your technique! Just regular paper? Did you pront on canvas paper by chance? Any guidance would be appreciated!

O.K.... Its a start. Yes it is print cut glue. I am verry happy so far and I am looking
forward continuing with this project. Again thanks to the talented ones..

Guys.. I wish I had sage advise but I don't. I have a crummy HP D1660 printer, plain paper and 3M Super77 glue. I did do a lot of rezizing in photoshop. The covers as done by Hinkypunk speak for themselves. Be patient and enjoy.

Last edited:
These covers are amazing: Here is one I worked on, its a scan from the wizardy book that I cleaned up and adjusted.

Advance Potion Making - Potions Text Book by justin_time_01, on Flickr

I would love if someone could help me out on the Sparkling Spell Water label from Lupin's bottle of water on the train in POA, I can't make out all the text and the few images I found are not all screen accurate even when they claim to be props from the movie, as below, the label changes size dramatically in these photo's.

DanRadcliffe.com

Imageshack - hp06fs5.jpg

What size were your books, terryhimself? I was planning to use some old hardbound Readers Digest books, but to my horror, I found out my mom had thrown them out a few months back.

Dark Forces-8.5"Hx5.75Wx.75 Thick
Potion Making-9.25Hx6.25Wx.5"Thick
These were just books I had laying around. I did not try to match screen used sizes.

Thanks, terryhimself!

I remade the back cover of Advanced Potion Making to match what Elliotstone posted. Retraced the back symbol. I still haven't improved the spine font, though. Close-enough is good enough for me since I'm just going to show it off to my niece.

I'll post the link to the updated full cover later.

Fenris...The back and spine of my book is from your posted picture. I just resized and had to seperate the pieces (Front cover,Back cover and spine) then glued everything to the book.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back