Harry Potter: Hogwarts Textbooks

I'm trying to say that it was a single handwritten paragraph that was copied.

The text looks to be about colleges.

oh! yeah, I know, that's why I marked in red the begining of the paragraph...

"Jhon thoughts ... that ... much ... depends
the ... of the ..."

Uff, impossible for me. I would try in spanish, but I can not guess words in english.

oh! yeah, I know, that's why I marked in red the begining of the paragraph...

"Jhon thoughts ... that ... much ... depends
the ... of the ..."

Uff, impossible for me. I would try in spanish, but I can not guess words in english.

@demiguel: I went through the page last night and came up with some wording for your use and review.

Couldn't get all the words but I think it is a good start. It appears the writing is a conversation about scholars and colleges in the States I think.

bfd

It appears the writing is a conversation about scholars and colleges in the States I think.

Yeah, what I said earlier.

Demiguel, I LOVE-LOVE-LOVE your grail diary. I'm working on just a simple potions book insert for a friend to display. I'll send you what I have later.

Yeah! great! I have enought to start searching with some sense. Thank you Barney!
Thank you Juno, is a pleasure to read your words, coming from someone so talented. (I'm still selling them if you are interested), I am thinking about add some inserts to the book too, no ideas yet. I supouse... some pages of original ancient alchemy books, I have lots of them.

By the way, good news! I have the right fonts for all titles and texts, and... some more surprises :)
I'll post somethig tonight

I deciphered enough of the text to do some Google searches, but I couldn't find anything. I dove through a few historical letter sites, as well, but had no luck.

I had no luck yet either... maybe because the huge numbers of letters I have seen last hours but seems to me that Andrew Jackson's handwriting is near as we are looking for.

0001.gif

Look at that "I have" in the middle... and "d" ends.

Last edited:
@demiguel.m; Sorry, I must have misunderstood what you were trying to do. I thought you were just looking to figure out what the writing on the page said and then duplicate it.

But are you actually trying to find if the writing is based on a real document or correspondence and if so who wrote it and thereby duplicate that handwriting and text?

bfd

@demiguel.m; Sorry, I must have misunderstood what you were trying to do. I thought you were just looking to figure out what the writing on the page said and then duplicate it.

But are you actually trying to find if the writing is based on a real document or correspondence and if so who wrote it and thereby duplicate that handwriting and text?

bfd

:lol yeah! That's correct. I'm afraid that I am an Screen accurate obsessed, always the film shots allows it :rolleyes; but believe me, "We've been through worse times" :lol

by the way, I have the first work to show (I am thinking about change the threat to "advanced potion making", but not now.

__
5938359277_1022ec29d0_o.jpg

I am finished my SA cover. I have included a circle with zoom to see the incredible detail. (Those letters are never seen). ADVANCED title is now much more like film version with a beautiful 3D effect, and not like wizardry plain version, and POTION MAKING has the correct shadow. It is totally vecotorial so I can put any background and play with funny backs :love I love this leather cover... White titles are for silver Foiling Techniques.

If anyone wants to follow the process, I will continue HERE

Last edited:
Oh, and I compared a bunch of handwriting exemplars of Andrew Jackson's and I'm fairly certain that's not his writing.

Uhm... 16x10x3 cm. I think it's a good aproximation.

From what I have seen on screen I'm thinking the book looks more to be about 210 x 160 x 30 (say 8" x 6" x 1.25"). 100mm (4 inches) wide just seems too small for a textbook.

Just my 2 cents. Your project, your call. It'll be great whatever size it is.

bfd

From what I have seen on screen I'm thinking the book looks more to be about 210 x 160 x 30 (say 8" x 6" x 1.25"). 100mm (4 inches) wide just seems too small for a textbook.

Just my 2 cents. Your project, your call. It'll be great whatever size it is.

bfd

I mean 10cm+3+10 = 23cm wide ;)
and 16 or 17 cm high

Really looking forward to seeing your book with the text inside. I still have only done the cover for mine. Not sure yet what to do with the pages! I'm looking for a block of pages to put back in since my original pages weren't to my liking. (My book is about 5in x 8in x 1in)

Beedle the Bard Questions

Hey everyone,
I'd like to take a shot making my own copy of the screen used Beedle the Bard and have noticed that some people have gotten some fairly detailed designs of the flowery background behind the black and gold Bard character.

While versions by Hinkypunk and others are beautiful I'm trying to find even more detail. What I don't understand is with the source material I've seen available (screen captures from Deathly Hallows and scanned copies of the tiny cover image from the Film Wizardry book) how did people get the level of detail they've gotten?! Hinkypunks and others look more detailed than the source material I've seen so is there other source material I haven't seen???

I can hear people saying, why don't you just PM the people that you're asking about.....

I have but haven't heard back and am all pumped and impatient to start making my next book! So, any thoughts from the community would be greatly appreciated!

Oh check out my last book! http://www.therpf.com/f9/fantastic-beasts-leather-bound-112774/

Last edited:
Are you actually going to write the books, because if you are'nt I would help wrute them for you and do the research, if you are could you please put up pdf of the text.

Are you actually going to write the books, because if you are'nt I would help wrute them for you and do the research, if you are could you please put up pdf of the text.
:eekWOW it will be awesome to see the books with contents!
but may I ask how do you combine the covers with the contents?
I mean, sometimes we have to find a hardcover book to make it more like the real one, but how do we print the contents on the papers?

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back