Harry Potter: Hogwarts Textbooks

I like the effect! I think it just looks like a colored bottle though. What if we smeared it so some parts were still a clear bottle?

I don't know what an old bottle is supposed to look like, but we both now how far my creativity went. I rolled one of mine in mud, and for another i put some crappy lipstick on it and sprinkled brown eyeshadow on that.

I think I ruined my lipstick.

I am still playing with trying to age the bottles.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_PINdTbk_Mm0/TEeCvmdPPxI/AAAAAAAABKc/BJk_saONWtI/s1600/props-002.jpg

Just my way on aging cristal : sandpaper rough grain and fine grain for finishing...this kills the shining of new crystal.
Another tip I discovered was to use ink over cristal or wallnut crystal solution and spray with matte varnish over it. let it dry , you can scratch it over to make some parts shining and some others matte ...

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_PINdTbk_Mm0/TLIKljPwMYI/AAAAAAAABRs/rwKn0JNvpMQ/s1600/reliquia-002.jpg

@cristobal - You just use sandpaper on it? Did you make that? is there really a worm in there?

@Norbert - YES!!! I had been looking for reference photos and gave up. I'm not very good at researching, just making pretty things.

@HinkyPunk: :) you always make things pretty pretty :) I know you have a party coming up and so do I in march any change you could have some of not all done before the first week of march? I would love them for my party and I would bit you would two

Ok here is Magical Drafts and Potions. As with the others, the back and spine are guesses, and its my best attempt at the custom lettering on the front. Its sized for a book 10 x 6.5 x 1.25 and I have asked HinkyPunk to post the Hi-res version for you guys (300 dpi printed at 11.5x 15.75). Hope you like!

4741-magicaldraftsandpotions-small.jpg

@HinkyPunk: Yes , just sandpaper , and this worm is a very bad one... made with supersculpey. Also added a vintage style label with tea aging and more sandpaper.
I think sandpaper is the aging master tool!
You can check my blog if you want ...
El Dodo Albino
And here a direct link to the worm post: El Dodo Albino: Gusanos / Worms
By the way... potion labels will be cool if you do it!!!

Ok here is Magical Drafts and Potions. As with the others, the back and spine are guesses, and its my best attempt at the custom lettering on the front. Its sized for a book 10 x 6.5 x 1.25 and I have asked HinkyPunk to post the Hi-res version for you guys (300 dpi printed at 11.5x 15.75). Hope you like!

4741-magicaldraftsandpotions-small.jpg
I love this one! Send me the mail with the high res one!

If that says the book title, then I'm gonna finish that one right now. I started it a long time ago but gave up. I just have to put the words in the background of it.

and thanks guys, im done with this cold and kinda want to go back to work.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back