Happy REAL Star Wars Day!

Solo4114

Master Member
Forget "May the 4th" and other puns. Those are cute and all, but today's the day, folks.

Be sure if you're watching to watch an old-school copy, too. None of that special edition nonsense. If you have a working VCR and the old CBS/FOX VHS tapes, go with that. :)

star-wars-fans-1977.jpg

star-wars-line-avco-center.jpg

star-wars-August-3-1977.jpg

"Turned an entire planet into pet rocks in seconds"

Gotta love that seventies humor.

For you little kids, Pet Rocks was a stupid fad for a week or two.

This right here put the hooks in me when I was 17 and never let go.

7268931772_327ce1a02e.jpg

Seeing this film for the first time on the big screen back in '77, it really was like something from another galaxy. There had never been anything like it before. It was so different. I remember when the Falcon jumps to hyperspeed and the stars stretch into lines, etc., everyone in the theater grabbed the armrests to hold on.

Lucas catches so much crap, and maybe he has whored the thing away and sold out, blah, blah, blah, but 35 years ago he gave the world this remarkable thing that has brought joy to millions. Bravo, George.

And would the RPF exist without this film? I've been here for more than a decade, and back in those days 75% of the conversations were about Star Wars and Graflexes, etc.

Happy anniversary, Stars Wars. I love it!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back