Limited Run Han Solo ROTJ Blaster Active Project

There are tons of watch crystals on eBay that might work for the scope lens; just have to find the right size:

Watch Crystals | eBay

As for the scope tip "mesh", I'd always thought the texture looked more like knurling, kinda like the knurling on a Hensoldt scope knob.

You can sort of see the tip in the 2nd pic:

285953-roj34.jpg

And probably made of brass

285954-rotj-bunker.jpg

And it looks as if the tip piece is on top, rather than the bottom

The tip is on the bottom, in almost all other pictures. The bunker scenes were kind of a mess for this blasters continuity. You've even got the bizarro rotj (it was the ANH, right?) showing up in just the one scene. So seeing it flipped to the top for this shot just sounds like it rotated, or they were using a different stunt version or something?

I'm sure someone else can clarify, but i do know that almost everywhere else, the tip is on the bottom. Confusing as heck with all the continuity issues with the blasters!

I was never sure if flat or domed is correct, but either one can be found there.
Searching under "round mineral glass" also gives a lot of possibilities.

I have been looking on ebay and for a 1.160 glass lens it looks like it will cost $5 – $7

My original plastic lens is only .020” thick.

Before I move onto the milled side details I need to determine type of lens this group wants because the thickness affects the blueprint for the rear scope bell.

Because glass is so much thicker then plastic I can not give the group the option to get either, since the ring would be inset about 1/16” on the plastic lens

So what lens material do you want

Plastic (about $1)

OR

Glass ($5-$7)

Preference for glass! Question, how hard is it to install the glass? Will we need to grind it down at all or anything?

I guess I will go with glass as well.

Adding a little here and a little there is going to add up in the end. Can we keep a running tally of the extra costs that we as a group are adding onto this project in the first post of the thread?

I guess I will go with glass as well.

Adding a little here and a little there is going to add up in the end. Can we keep a running tally of the extra costs that we as a group are adding onto this project in the first post of the thread?

I was thinking the same thing, especially since it looks like we're not going to get enough people on board to meet the original price estimate.

I am in for whatever is the most true to the original in all aspects of this project.

man do I have to start saving my money.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back