Limited Run Han Solo ROTJ Blaster Active Project

I guess I will go with glass as well.

Adding a little here and a little there is going to add up in the end. Can we keep a running tally of the extra costs that we as a group are adding onto this project in the first post of the thread?

I feel confident that if I have at least 40 confirmed parts sets they will cost less then $250 for the machined parts set not including the milled details on the left side and the scope ring

I feel confident that if I have at least 40 confirmed parts sets they will cost less then $250 for the machined parts set not including the milled details on the left side and the scope ring

I do not doubt you my friend! What about keeping a running tally, or estimated tally, of the stuff that is not machined?

I do not doubt you my friend! What about keeping a running tally, or estimated tally, of the stuff that is not machined?

As far as I can figure that would be the following:

• Glass Lens- about $5
  • Scope Tip Mesh? Insert Unknow but can't cost more then couple dollars. I think I bought resin inserts from Vince for $1 each last time
  • Scope Ring - Unknown. I was able to get off the shelf rings for about $3 each st time
  • Milled Details - Completely unknown at this time.

I try to keep the first post updated with the newest info.

I'm about to get finalized pricing for this kit and lock the numbers in so if you want to join this project time is running out.

I spoke with my machinist today and should have solid costs in a day or so.

I decided to get the back half of the scope threaded to the front half to make assembly simply and to open the kit up to the possibility of adding electronics to it.

This run is limited to 40 parts sets and they are only a few slots left so now is the time to get on the list if you haven't yet

I also ordered 40 29mm glass domed watch crystals.

I'm going to work on the scope rings next, if anyone has any leads please post them.

Morgan mentioned that NC Star Scope rings are close and I have to agree.

Here is a link to an ebay auction:

NcStar 1" Rifle Scope Rings 3 8" Dovetail Mount Base Low Profile RB17 14965 | eBay

14965-1.jpg

Last edited:
Are these fairly accurate? Do you have a shot of the original scope rings? I'm sure if you posted them they are very close, but was just curious if we will need to tweak them at all? :)

This came up the last time and it would cost about $20 to make one

It was going to cost $5 to have the groove machined into the new thumbscrew.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back