Limited Run Han Solo ROTJ Blaster Active Project

This is a great way to move onto the next part I want to discuss, the pistons

I’m pretty sure my current design is about as accurate as you can get but I wanted to explain something that the last project wanted.

Some people wanted the hole in the pistons offset to the front and rear. I guess in some pictures it looks that way but I have always thought the hole was offset to the rear.

Here are some enlargements of the archival pics

I also forget why we didn't anodize them but I don't think it will add much to the cost to get them anodized.

So lets discuss the piston hole position and if how you eel about payng a little extra to get them anodized

Last edited:
anodizing is good... I like. Less for me to pull hair out about (painting).

For the hole, I need to look at the whole gun again to see the relation and perspective of that shot.

How much does the anodizing add?

I'm not sure about the hole position, the only one that looks offset to me is the lower left piston above, but not I'm really sure..

Agreed on the anodizing, I think the more we can get the less of a headache it will be for us to get it assembled later without messing with paint!
As for the holes, I think the angle of the gun in the pics can sometimes make them look more off center than they are.. but i'm not sure. I'll also go with whatever the popular/common position is, since I have not studied them enough to really know. I trust you! :)

If the hole(s) are off center, it's probably from the prop maker just drilling hastily, not so concerned with having the holes perfectly centered. I see no reason to replicate that kind of inaccuracy. I say drill the holes centered. And anodizing would be great.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back