Limited Run Han Solo ROTJ Blaster Active Project

I think enough people have commented on the square detail to warrant asking my shop for a quote on making them from machined aluminum

So lets move onto the Scope Bracket

I’m pretty sure there are not accuracy issues but I wanted to discuss making it a different way to give this group the option to save money

The top rail surface at the base of the dovetail sits below the top surface of the bracket.

Because of this offset, making it a single piece is not easy so I went with a 2 piece design which is probably the way it was done back when the prop was built

However if we want to adjust the rail up about 1/32” so that the two surfaces line up it is possible that this piece could be made for less and the assembly would be easier.

Please discuss

Last edited:
YES. Please make the rail line up with the top of the bracket. That's something that always bothered me about the bracket from the last AP. And also, the scope ring won't mount securely to the rail with the offset

I think enough people have commented on the square detail to warrant asking my shop for a quote on making them from machined aluminum

So lets move onto the Scope Bracket

I’m pretty sure there are not accuracy issues but I wanted to discuss making it a different way to give this group the option to save money

The top rail surface at the base of the dovetail sits below the top surface of the bracket.

http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p298/BobaDebt/Star Wars/ROTJ/BracketRailBlueprint_zps61b43173.jpg

Because of this offset, making it a single piece is not easy so I went with a 2 piece design which is probably the way it was done back when the prop was built

However if we want to adjust the rail up about 1/32” so that the two surfaces line up it is possible that this piece could be made for less and the assembly would be easier.

Please discuss

Last edited:
How much of a price difference for a single piece vs two pieces?

I prefer the more accurate and if we're only talking a few bucks, I prefer it even more.

Considering we're using Denixes and aluminum squares, I feel like total screen accuracy has been cast aside, so why not go fully "idealized" with a level bracket? Especially considering it'll make for a more secure fit on the scope.

I could go either way. A few dollars more won't break me for accuracy, but a level and more secure bracket sounds good as well.

I'm all for accuracy. That being said, I also like the rigidity of having a single piece. The fact that the scope ring would mount better is an added bonus.
I say go for the single piece. The overall look of the kit is super accurate to begin with so I'm totally willing to give an inch (or 1/32")for practicality over accuracy.
Just my 2 cents.

I am a machinist so I do see how making the dovetail detail in one piece would be difficult. I have no problem with a 2 piece design and I vote for accuracy. However, I do not have a replica of this blaster so I'm unfamiliar with the scope fitting poorly(?). Can someone post pics of how it sits on the dovetail.

,.......Can someone post pics of how it sits on the dovetail.

If we can locate the correct scope rings and buy them off the shelf you will have to remove a small amount of material from the inside foot and it will fit properly.

If we can't find them and end up casting the rings I have the correct version and it's modified so it will work right.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back